1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! Seems silly honda would omit this part on the lower trims. It cant cost but another 5 bucks for the mirrored piece.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The poster asked for the Part # for the Honda part that has the Conversation Mirror on it, he didn't ask if his glasses would work in the holder. This is the part #'s for the RTL-E as the E and BE have this feature, #83250-TG7-A11ZA Beige and #83250-TG7-A11ZB Gray, I found it here, Honda online store : 2017 ridgeline roof lining (2) parts Retail price is $43.72

trainman
The poster did not ask for the price. I guess like me, you were trying to be helpful.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I believe the holder itself is the same size but you lose some of the cut out opening to the mirror, resulting in a tighter fit to place/remove the sunglasses.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I understand youre just looking for a part number so dont jump down my throat but heres a suggestion..
I believe its 3m or a similar company that makes a mirror finished adhesive backed piece or vinyl or something you can cut and just stick on to the existing sunglasses holder. I saw some a year or so back at a parts store and just the other day i was thinking of trying t out to see how it works. Ill go back to that store to get more info on it but i remember it being pretty high quality and had a good mirror effect,, not all distorted and crappy looking. Ill see if i can find it and ill try it on my truck in the next week or so. I need something to get a quick look back at the kids carseat. If the product sucks, ill post that too.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,269 Posts
I understand youre just looking for a part number so dont jump down my throat but heres a suggestion..
I believe its 3m or a similar company that makes a mirror finished adhesive backed piece or vinyl or something you can cut and just stick on to the existing sunglasses holder. I saw some a year or so back at a parts store and just the other day i was thinking of trying t out to see how it works. Ill go back to that store to get more info on it but i remember it being pretty high quality and had a good mirror effect,, not all distorted and crappy looking. Ill see if i can find it and ill try it on my truck in the next week or so. I need something to get a quick look back at the kids carseat. If the product sucks, ill post that too.
ericsl2 sounds like a fun MOD, take your time and be sure to grab some pics. :grin:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Amazon sells a baby view rectanglular shaped compact mirror that mounts via a suction cup. Mounts right next to your rear view mirror. It sells for $12.99 with free shipping and will save you $30.73 plus tax over the contraption Honda offers. My daughter got one to be able to have eye contact with her two boys when going for a drive. I've driven her SUV and the mirror works well. It is sized to not be so large as to impeed forward vision but at the same time offer a good view of the back seat. Search Amazon for Baby View rear view mirrors. There are several offerings.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sorry GRIZ, I don't need a conversation sun glass holder mirror gizzmo but if I did I'd save some coin and visit Amazone or ebay. I might consider modifying the Honda sun glass holder my Ridgeline came with making it accept a broader selection of eye ware (thanks for the video link showing members here how easy it is to remove the Honda piece :smile:) but it's not high on my 'to do list'. I'll give Honda a B+ for inovation with its rear passenger viewing mirror option ($$$$). I find that most glasses are difficult to put into the device due to the curve built into the holder to accept the glued in panoramic mirror.
Sun glasses in my Ridgeline live in the console sliding tray. I added a thin sheet of foam to the tray to keep my glasses from moving about. No fumbling [sometimes followed by foul language (>:)] when trying to secure my glasses like you have to if you plan on using the overhead console :wink:.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts