Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again I need the expertise of the group. Are cooling system issues covered under the 45,000 or 60,000 mile warranty, I can't really tell looking at the warranty book. The dealer worked on cooling system issues last fall and they were covered at that time but I was below 45,000 miles. I asked if it leaked again what would happen and was told they would work with me. There's another leak; I was told they would go half the cost with me but it would be over $400 for my part. Can anyone tell me if I'm covered under the longer warranty or am I going to have to pay up?

Thanks,
Keith

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Once again I need the expertise of the group. Are cooling system issues covered under the 45,000 or 60,000 mile warranty, I can't really tell looking at the warranty book. The dealer worked on cooling system issues last fall and they were covered at that time but I was below 45,000 miles. I asked if it leaked again what would happen and was told they would work with me. There's another leak; I was told they would go half the cost with me but it would be over $400 for my part. Can anyone tell me if I'm covered under the longer warranty or am I going to have to pay up?

Thanks,
Keith
I thought replacement parts got the 3/30k warranty.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would think it depends on what the cooling issue is.

My water pump was just replaced at 19K miles under the Power Train Warranty. I'm at roughly 42 months so outside of the 3 year/36K warranty. I have HondaCare, but they said it was already covered.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well neither of these posts give me "warm and fuzzies".... a vehicle should not be having any kind of cooling system problems at 45K or especially 19K! WTH Honda?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I wasn't overly happy with it myself. But, I was happier that it didn't cost me anything. Although, I've owned other new vehicles that have had a lot more issues than that.

I'm hoping it was a "one-off" issue as my last two Ridgelines (2007/2012) were bullet proof (sold both to brothers who still own them and have never had a single problem).

·
Administrator
14,980 Posts

Thanks,
Keith
Different parts of the cooling system have different warranties. For example, the water pump is covered under the 5/60 powertrain warranty while the radiator is covered under the 3/36 new vehicle limited warranty. Honda doesn't have a 45,000-mile warranty. Replacements parts that YOU pay for are covered for 1 year. This 1 year warranty does NOT apply if Honda paid for the parts.

What part failed last time that caused the leak?

What part failed this time that caused the leak?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts