Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody try Cooper as replacement tires. I ran them on my G1 previously with good success.

Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
I suggest you go to TireRack's website and see if it has any reviews of the tire you're considering. Usually they do, and if so, typically they include the comments of multiple owners.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I've used to sell a lot of the Cooper AT-3 tires. They were rated pretty highly online, but that was a while back. I'm not sure if they are still available.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,736 Posts
If you had success in your G1, nothing would be much different on the G2. the 18" tire size is the same and the load rating should be just fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can save some money by buying Starfire Tires, which are made.by Cooper tires. I bought them on Walmart online, and they offered free delivery.

I bought LT 245/70/17, and each tires was $86 plus tax in CA. I have had them for a month and driven 2000 miles. So far, they are great. I don't tow often but wanted the heavy duty tire. My Starfire tires were made in the USA.

·
Registered
2017 RTL-E, KMC 708 17” Wheels, 240/17/70 Cooper AT3 4S
30 Posts
Anybody try Cooper as replacement tires. I ran them on my G1 previously with good success.

Thanks
I have Cooper AT3’s, 240/70/17’s. A local dealer had them for $113 a tire and they are running great.

·
Registered
42 Posts

Thanks
For AT tires, over the years and various off-road vehicles, I've owned the Michelin ATX-2's, BFG AT KO's (2 sets), Cooper AT3's, and now the Cooper AT3 4S's

I dont know why Cooper still makes the straight AT3 anymore, as the 4S's are such a superior tire. For the money, the performance is so much better with the 4S in the winter. The straight AT3s are downright scary at times in some winter conditions.

I do long summer trips and not only are they a great road AT tire, but they do their job very well in the bush. There arent better than the KO's, but imnsho, no AT tire is.

I plan to put a set of the 4S's on my RL.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Yeah the AT3 4S are now the top reviewer-rated on/off-road AT tire at tirerack.com, and they performed very well in Tirerack's own testing. But they aren't offered in the OEM size for the RL. You could upsize to the 265/60R18 but I don't recall if anyone has reported back on the Forum about rubbing issues with that tire.

Edit: There is an initial report over on the 265s club thread. Cooper AT3 4S 265/60R18 is tight but no rubbing noted on non-lifted RL.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Edit: There is an initial report over on the 265s club thread. Cooper AT3 4S 265/60R18 is tight but no rubbing noted on non-lifted RL
Yep. That's why I'm going to go with them. I want to upsize, and the fact that the AT3 4S's fit w/o rubbing, means I can happily use my favourite tire on the RL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts