Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Readers; Friday 06 Nov 2020 marks week One of ownership of my '18 R/L. So, for the curious and others, may I post some observations? To begin, I went to make the truck 'legal' in my state=registration. The $ shock was immense, the greed of my State{USA} is amazing. Next, having spent the time to read the ENTIRE owners manual has paid off. I now know all, I hope, the tricks of the gadgets on my RTLT model. And thanks to this Forum, I found the tiny funnel in the spare tire holder {a thread I had read, for background notes].
My last truck was a 2012 GMC Canyon. A decent workhorse, but sparse on comfort and on ride quality. No complaints to it, at 82???miles and very little spent on repairs. BUT, 05 minutes in the R/L at test ride time, and I knew a change of trucks was in order. The GMC was more truck than I need now.
So the R/L now sits 'happy' in my driveway, as I sit happy at the computer typing this about the R/l. I took it for a distance ride, to test the GPS, both function and accuracy{I went to a place I know the way to}. I got to the interstate, fiddled with the cruise control for the first time, and got it to work. Then settled in for the ride. I have made the trip in the GMC many times. So, I noted, AT ONCE, the tremendous difference in the ride quality, the handling, the sheer COMFORT of this mid size truck{in truth bigger than my GMC!}. This truck is a sheer wonder.
Wonder Truck Indeed! My neighbor came by today with a "Care Food Package " for this widower. She owns a Caddy Escalade Truck. She noted the 'new' truck, asked about it, an such. I showed of the fancy tail end goodies. Then the back seat, which I converted into a dog platform, and the front seats and related details. Said she' take we take a ride"? Sure, climb in. And Festoons we are off.
With the ride I did a 'show and tell' of all the tech goodies on the R/L. In short, she loved the truck. "Its BETTER than my Caddie", says she. Just wait, neighbor; and I let her drive it back home. Said she' I LOVE IT-- its way better than my Caddy, better seats, better ride, better gas mileage' I may have made a 'convert'.
So, in short and at last and in sum---- "I LOVE THIS TRUCK"!!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Wow, I also had a Gen 1 GMC Canyon Z71 V8 p/u.......not a bad truck, fit nicely in the garage. I'll never own another p/u with an off-road pkg. Too rough/bouncy for old folks. The 5.3L V8 was peppy but sucked at 12-13 mpg around town. Bought our '17 RTL-T Rigi with 8200 miles 7 months ago.....still seein' a big 'ol cheet eatin' grin in the mirror.(y)

My parents had an Escalade.......mother hated it.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Does anybody miss seeing the bed wiggle/jiggle in their rear view mirror? I don’t.😀

·
Super Moderator
5,368 Posts
Does anybody miss seeing the bed wiggle/jiggle in their rear view mirror? I don’t.😀
I don't get the bed jiggling in my mirror, my entire mirror is jiggling. Guess a screw needs tightened after the windshield was replaced. It is not loose on the windshield, just the mount.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, I also had a Gen 1 GMC Canyon Z71 V8 p/u.......not a bad truck, fit nicely in the garage. I'll never own another p/u with an off-road pkg. Too rough/bouncy for old folks. The 5.3L V8 was peppy but sucked at 12-13 mpg around town. Bought our '17 RTL-T Rigi with 8200 miles 7 months ago.....still seein' a big 'ol cheet eatin' grin in the mirror.(y)

My parents had an Escalade.......mother hated it.
My 2012 GMC had the odd ball 04 cylinder./o5 cylinder if you need power; engine. The gas mileage was better than my R/L. No off road package, and it was still rough and bouncy a ride to take

·
Registered
880 Posts
The only thing I wish the Rigi had, that the Canyon did have, is the radio staying on when you turn the motor off. The Canyon radio turned off when you opened a door. C'mon Honda.....get your cheet together.

·
Super Moderator
1,642 Posts
Oh you can do it but it's the goofy Honda way to do it. Before turning off the vehicle, put it in Neutral put on the parking brake and then turn off the ignition. Goofy but works.

Steve

·
Registered
880 Posts
Goofy a__ suits and ties sitting around big conference room tables dreaming that goofy s__t up.......like none of them ever drove a GM product and thought to themselves, hum, now that's a better way to turn the radio off. Goofy a__ suits and ties.🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
32 Posts
FWIW, I had a ‘92 C1500 4X2 5.7L RCSB with the Silverado trim. Here’s a few comparison spec numbers. I’m reasonably sure the Chevy mpg numbers are with the 4.3L V6, not the 5.7L V8.

It seems the RL is bigger in every dimension except height. Theres only one problem with that comparison. The 92 Chevy does have a 12 volt DC power outlet. It was just called a cigarette lighter back then 😂

1 - 16 of 16 Posts