Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

181 - 194 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I found and contacted six dealers last week and only found one that was ready to "move metal". Prices have remained pretty firm at 38,500 or higher. Surprising part was the RTL-E I bought was made this March, so inventory tax was not the issue. Also, the used car market is a bit flooded now so prices are a bit lower. That said, I was able to negotiate a trade of $29,000 on my 2017 Ram, which was a bit on the lower KBB value, but with the tax savings that bumped me to $31,000 which was very fair considering I bought the 2020 for $6,689 below sticker.
That’s a good deal. I bought a 2019 Sport on Saturday for $10K below sticker. I also test drove a 2020 RTL-E. Dealer quoted $37,600 before TTL with the $1K incentive for the RTL-E. When we arrived home with our new Sport, my neighbor had a 2020 RTL-E in his driveway which he also purchased on Saturday. He said he paid $37,200 including the $1K incentive with no trade in the deal. BTW that price on the 2019 Sport was consistent with all the quotes I received from dealers in Balt/DC area. I almost bought a CPO 2018 Sport for $26.5K in February!

·
Super Moderator
5,229 Posts
There are deals to be had on used Ridgelines. There was a 2018 RTL-E w/20K miles (immaculate) that sold for around $28,500 in Kansas last week. I was going to drive out to get it, but did not want to be stranded in Kansas, because of the quarantine.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,287 Posts
That’s a good deal. I bought a 2019 Sport on Saturday for $10K below sticker. I also test drove a 2020 RTL-E. Dealer quoted $37,600 before TTL with the $1K incentive for the RTL-E. When we arrived home with our new Sport, my neighbor had a 2020 RTL-E in his driveway which he also purchased on Saturday. He said he paid $37,200 including the $1K incentive with no trade in the deal. BTW that price on the 2019 Sport was consistent with all the quotes I received from dealers in Balt/DC area. I almost bought a CPO 2018 Sport for $26.5K in February!
WOW! That's a huge discount and a great deal! Good thing you waited and bought the new one. Who would have imagined buying a new Honda for $10K off?!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Drove thru the local Honda dealer lot on Sunday, they have more new vehicles than ever I've seen before. No special deals tho, just standard window stickers. I guess there's plenty of time left in the year to sell them all. In all fairness though in the past they have given competitive email quotes.

·
Registered
162 Posts
According to the CTR forum, 2019 CTRs are now selling at invoice! Wish I knew that before I bought a RL! All kidding aside, not sure this is good news.
If I'm not mistaken there are no 2020 Civic Type R's being produced. Invoice for 2019 models seems reasonable.

·
Administrator
14,602 Posts
According to the CTR forum, 2019 CTRs are now selling at invoice! Wish I knew that before I bought a RL! All kidding aside, not sure this is good news.
I'm not surprised given the changes to the 2020: Exterior and interior, cooling, brakes, suspension, Honda Sensing, and data logging.

If I'm not mistaken there are no 2020 Civic Type R's being produced. Invoice for 2019 models seems reasonable.
The plant that builds the CTR has been closed since 23-Mar, but hundreds were produced before the official on-sale date of 28-Feb. There are 2020 CTRs currently available for purchase at dealers.

2020 may end up being a very short model year for the CTR. The 2021 was announced in February.

·
Super Moderator
5,229 Posts
Speaking of Civic Type R's, we just saw two of them driving through our neighborhood yesterday, in the span of five minutes. It was certainly two different cars, because one was parked and the other one was going by at the same time. Both of them were the rally blue (Subaru) color. Not sure what Honda calls it.

·
Administrator
14,602 Posts
Speaking of Civic Type R's, we just saw two of them driving through our neighborhood yesterday, in the span of five minutes. It was certainly two different cars, because one was parked and the other one was going by at the same time. Both of them were the rally blue (Subaru) color. Not sure what Honda calls it.
"Boost Blue Pearl" - a new color for 2020.

·
Administrator
14,602 Posts
Statement: Honda to Begin Gradual Resumption of Auto Production in U.S. and Canada

Looks like Honda is resuming production starting on May 11. Any thoughts on how it will impact the RL?
I predict that Ridgeline production will resume...gradually. :)

It could take weeks or months to resume full production even if the market demanded it due to the complexity of supply chains. At work, our production stopped for a week because we couldn't get a specific type of insulation. There's a threat of another bottleneck due to the shortage of a part that is used in an actuator motor which is one of the core components in the products we manufacture. We could redesign the control system and source an alternate actuator motor from another vendor, but the lead times could be up to two months.

181 - 194 of 194 Posts