Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I dont have this truck but I am a Honda fan
I have read and researched this truck since its concept came out

I know someone who backed up his dodge truck against the wall and damaged the bed sidewall/fender (whatever they call it)

All he had to do was buy a new fender and the truck was god to go

I am scared deal is going to be whole lot different with ridgeline! discuss.....

·
Registered
200 Posts
eflanker,

No different, if it can't be banged out, replace it. The inside of the bed is all seperate bits, florr, 2 sides, back and front, they would be fast and easy to change, so labour will be cheap but who knows about the material.

eflanker said:

I know someone who backed up his dodge truck against the wall and damaged the bed sidewall/fender (whatever they call it)

I am scared deal is going to be whole lot different with ridgeline! discuss.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
but in ridgeline the whole thing is unibody, so how can you replace the side wall

**i think you misunderstood me

the side panel is very easy to replace on a truck like this. But how is it possible to replace on a unibody ridgeline

The whole thing is in one piece

So ya..be careful when you are backing up.

·
Registered
200 Posts
eflanker,

While it may look like one single entity, it most likely is not, or if it is at the factory, then they make fender and other parts to be cut in and welded. Its no different than most SUV's, they appear to be on continuous junk of metal, but somehow they get fixed. I know when our mini-van got hit, the whole rear corner was smashed in completely, yet at teh side door they did not paint, so they ended the fix before it got there.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
eflanker said:
So ya..be careful when you are backing up.
That's why I suggest you invest in the back camera or backup sensors. I did the latter.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I am getting both installed (camera and sensors). I have them in my Odyssey and I depend on them quite a bit. The blind spot in that vehicle is huge.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Unibody desgin is much more expensive to repair . The damaged part is cut out along a seam and a new one welded in . This very labor intensive .

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Fortunately for any minor rear end collision the plastic rear bumper extends from rear wheel well to rear wheel well. The odds are good you'll just have to replace that piece for a few hundred bucks if damaged too bad. Beyond that you get into trouble, which would take a serious rear end collision or side impact.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Let's face it, if you make the decision of buying a vehicle on how much it is going to cost after you crash it, you have bigger problems. Have a little optimism and look at it positively...buy what you want, you can't worry about silly things like that ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
the kid said:
Let's face it, if you make the decision of buying a vehicle on how much it is going to cost after you crash it, you have bigger problems. Have a little optimism and look at it positively...buy what you want, you can't worry about silly things like that ;)
That's exactlly what I think about all of those posts about MPG . If can't aford $3.50 a gal. walk, use mass transit, bike, car, pool .You can't worry about silly little things like oil prices and the cars and trucks you buy .

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey I was just gonna say that! Hopefully none of us gets into a TOTAL bender of an accident that keeps us from getting our rides back to new.

Drive safe...drive defensive...cuz the other guy doesn't care and probably doesn't have insurance either. There needs to be a one strike law for those guys, cuz you are totally SOL in those cases.

·
Registered
993 Posts
CaliforniaRidgeline said:
Drive safe...drive defensive...cuz the other guy doesn't care and probably doesn't have insurance either. There needs to be a one strike law for those guys, cuz you are totally SOL in those cases.

Not really, I have insurance against the uninsured vehicle that hits me. Just ask your agent.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Same way they fix 2 & 4 door cars! That's why we buy insuarance and hope you never use it.
eflanker said:

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
conchflats said:
That's exactlly what I think about all of those posts about MPG . If can't aford $3.50 a gal. walk, use mass transit, bike, car, pool .You can't worry about silly little things like oil prices and the cars and trucks you buy .
it get's expensive when you commute and sometimes the area the person works doesn't have city transit and taxi cost is basically paying twice the amount of premium gas. Too far to walk or drive, its the simplest things that makes a persons mind in buying things.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ridge said:
Not really, I have insurance against the uninsured vehicle that hits me. Just ask your agent.
I misspoke. You are correct. Full coverage does cover uninsured motorist...it's just lame insured carriers have to cover that. Penalties should be more severe for the uninsured.

L

·
0 Posts
My first ding! :mad:
I park in the same place everyday, in front of the same person, everyday. He also owns a pickup truck and has the plow apparatus on the front. Since I got my 'Line, I always back up with caution ( I drove semi OTR for 5 years ) and use his headlights on the plow to guide me where to stop. I have been so proud of myself stopping in the same place every day. UNTIL LAST THURSDAY! :eek: I went an inch too far and forgot about the metal that sticks out further then the lights and lower than the bed that I can't see and tapped it. I have a tiny dent and it creased the paint. :( Everyone at work knows how I baby my 'Line and when I told him I hit his truck, he felt responsible. :confused:
I'll let you know what I do.

·
Registered
52 Posts
ladyridge said:
My first ding! :mad:
I park in the same place everyday, in front of the same person, everyday. He also owns a pickup truck and has the plow apparatus on the front. Since I got my 'Line, I always back up with caution ( I drove semi OTR for 5 years ) and use his headlights on the plow to guide me where to stop. I have been so proud of myself stopping in the same place every day. UNTIL LAST THURSDAY! :eek: I went an inch too far and forgot about the metal that sticks out further then the lights and lower than the bed that I can't see and tapped it. I have a tiny dent and it creased the paint. :( Everyone at work knows how I baby my 'Line and when I told him I hit his truck, he felt responsible. :confused:
I'll let you know what I do.
I really know the feeling. I went close to six years without dinging my previous pride and joy without a ding. (99 accord coupe v6) I was devastated when it finally got it's first ding. I fear the day I get one on my Ridgeline...I try not to obsess over it. Good luck in your repairs. If the dent is on your back bumper please take care to choose a proper body shop that gurantees their work. If you dented a plastic part, you will need a paint job that has contains elastic properties in the paint so that the paint can expand and contract with the seasons, otherwise the paint job will crack over time and eventually separate itself from the the painted part.

·
Registered
993 Posts
CaliforniaRidgeline said:
I misspoke. You are correct. Full coverage does cover uninsured motorist...it's just lame insured carriers have to cover that. Penalties should be more severe for the uninsured.
Yes, they should be killed. ;) ..........mabey just tarred and feathered.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts