Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Do you ever get that feeling of Deja Vu?
Not with respect to national ROC rallies. I missed the last one & it's almost dead certain I'll miss this one, too :(

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,613 Posts
I'll be meeting with Gary Flint this week and we'll be finalizing plans. I want to see some bigger numbers growing on the "plan to attend" side of our poll for August 3-5.

Keep in mind that our very own JPPHOTO is from St. Louis and will be helping to make sure you get to see some of the great things in the Gateway City.

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
I am hoping that I can get some cool photos of Ridges from the top of the arch.

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
hmmmm They should look like matchboxes from up there!! :eek:

:)
I have a decent camera (10x optical zoom), so I figure I will see them fine. I would love to have a few beverages at the A-B plant as well! Maybe I can get some of the Clydesdales to pull my truck around :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I live in the St. Louis area and can help out if need be.

An A B tour is doable and free beverages are for the taking at the end too. Unfortunatley, the Cards will be out of town that weekend.

Mark

·
Registered
360 Posts
Keith
Sorry to rain on your parade But:

it will be difficult to get pics from the Arch with Rides. The street below the Arch to the east is a no parking area since 9/11 and the feds are VERY strict about it.(have 2 STLPD patrolling giving tickets all day long) Every other area that I can remember for parking is not good for pics.

I will scout out the Illinois side for a spot we might be able to park our Ridgelines and get the Arch in the background. Arch shots are very difficult because it is so tall. With nothing in the middle you have to get the whole thing for it to make sense, meaning everything at our level is very small. 4th street would be a great place, but we can't stop there. It's a one way street and always busy. Only once have I been able to shoot there, see the link below. Unfortunately the Old courthouse is right behind me in this shot and without a federal permit I couldn't even put a tripod leg on their property. (REAL STRICT!!!!!!) I shot this on 4x5 film, The company owner got permission to shut down 4th street for 15 minutes for me to shoot. I don't think I could pull that off again!!!!

The Clydesdales are not kept at the brewery. They are kept at Grants Farm and they probably won't be there either as they are usually out in the midwest for functions. There are I believe 5 teams in the U.S. and they all are constantly moving from event to event.

There are some spots to shoot but it will depend on timing traffic and what else is going on.

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
I will scout out the Illinois side for a spot we might be able to park our Ridgelines and get the Arch in the background. Arch shots are very difficult because it is so tall. With nothing in the middle you have to get the whole thing for it to make sense, meaning everything at our level is very small. 4th street would be a great place, but we can't stop there. It's a one way street and always busy. Only once have I been able to shoot there, see the link below. Unfortunately the Old courthouse is right behind me in this shot and without a federal permit I couldn't even put a tripod leg on their property. (REAL STRICT!!!!!!)
With it being so large, we could be a mile away and still see it well (I would think anyway)

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,613 Posts
Today, we worked out details for Saturday of the meet with Huey's Honda (dealership near our hotel). Let's just say...this is going to be great. Picture this... ROC member trucks lined up in the front of their lot. Food. Drinks. A service clinic in the service bays. The black SEMA street Ridgeline and the white body shell in the showroom and we are even trying to bring in more good stuff.

I'll explain more details about the service clinic soon - especially to those of you who are coming because you'll be able to make an appointment starting in early June.

Even more reasons to join us in August...if you haven't responded to the poll, please do so now. It helps a lot with planning.

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Today, we worked out details for Saturday of the meet with Huey's Honda (dealership near our hotel). Let's just say...this is going to be great. Picture this... ROC member trucks lined up in the front of their lot. Food. Drinks. A service clinic in the service bays. The black SEMA street Ridgeline and the white body shell in the showroom and we are even trying to bring in more good stuff.

I'll explain more details about the service clinic soon - especially to those of you who are coming because you'll be able to make an appointment starting in early June.

Even more reasons to join us in August...if you haven't responded to the poll, please do so now. It helps a lot with planning.

Thanks!!
D-A-N-G !!!!!!
This is a Ridgeline owner's dream. I can't wait to see the SEMA trucks, plus all of our trucks everywhere. I'm warming up my camera already!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Kieth

I have it even better as Huey's is my dealer. If the techs find anything wrong they can just talk to my service guys right there!!!

O' to live in Saint Lou when the Ridges come through!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 196 Posts