Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lakedude introduced me to this brand of seat cover here (his pics are here too):

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/shoppin-test-drivin/23236-leather-cloth.html#post333820

I got the RTX for price/value reasons, having known the seats stain easily after researching here before buying. All along I was planning on getting the Wet Okole seat covers.

Coverking has less color choices but they come standard with the airbag pockets and map pockets on the backs. The difference in price, if you got identically configured seat covers, was about 50-70 bucks. I received my covers exactly 2 weeks after ordering from JC Whitney for 199, free shipping.

I can't speak to the difference in quality not having owned either covers, so I'll report back if/when they start wearing. My first impression is that I am not disappointed in how they feel.

The charcoal ones I got seem to match quite well with the interior. I am very pleased. Over time, I'll keep you posted on the quality.

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've had both CoverKing and Wet Okole neoprene covers on my former Tacoma. My impression was that the Wet Okole were slightly better material, padded a bit more thickly and slightly better workmanship than the CoverKing covers. However, the price tag was more. I was happy with the performance of both.....

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Lakedude introduced me to this brand of seat cover here (his pics are here too):

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/shoppin-test-drivin/23236-leather-cloth.html#post333820

I got the RTX for price/value reasons, having known the seats stain easily after researching here before buying. All along I was planning on getting the Wet Okole seat covers.

Coverking has less color choices but they come standard with the airbag pockets and map pockets on the backs. The difference in price, if you got identically configured seat covers, was about 50-70 bucks. I received my covers exactly 2 weeks after ordering from JC Whitney for 199, free shipping.

I can't speak to the difference in quality not having owned either covers, so I'll report back if/when they start wearing. My first impression is that I am not disappointed in how they feel.

The charcoal ones I got seem to match quite well with the interior. I am very pleased. Over time, I'll keep you posted on the quality.
As somebody stated, Costco has for $169 per row. Maybe a half step down from the Wet Okoles, but I have other options to buy, and on a budget.
Will probably go with the Coverkings.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has anyone installed the Coverking rear seat covers? The order form from Costco seems to imply it requires professional installation (read seats only)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ordered my Coverking neoprene seat covers from the Costco.com link. Black/Gray for the front seats.

I'd also like to know about the rear installation. The Coverking site says "requires professional installation". I'd like to get the rears, but I'm not paying someone to install a rubber seat cover ;) Probably just need to be able to dismount the backs on the rear seats.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Got my coverking neoprene seat covers in and installed the driver's side last night.

I'm wondering if they missed an attachement. On the passenger's side of the seat bottom cover there is a 'hook' attachment, but not one on the driver's side. I can see that the OP has that hook attachment on his seat bottom on the driver's side of the seat. Anyone else have the Coverking seat cover? One hook attachment or two?

Also, one gripe. The seatback cover on mine has velcro all the way across the back at the bottom, however, the little strip you pull through the seats that you attach it to is only about half the length of the seat, right in the middle. What is the point of all the velcro? It has nothing to attach to other than that little strip.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can check later tonight but I do believe I had a hook on both sides.

As for the velcro, that piece that you feed through the crack in the seat between the seat bottom and seat back should stick anywhere along the velcro strip, if I recall right. I remember wondering the same when I was installing, but I am pretty sure that it ends up sticking anywhere along that strip even though it doesnt look like the "loop" side of the velcro.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thanks, r-squared, that would be great. I emailed coverking (on the one hook vs two) with no reply thus far. It just seems a bit odd, and the cover slides over a bit when you get in the cab.

Yeah, that fabric strip does stick to the 'hard' velcro that runs all the way across the bottom of the back side of the seat cover. Again, it just seems odd that the strip (which on our seats are about 8" wide or so) is the only thing connecting to the huge velcro strip (~24" or more) on the back of the seat cover. Go figure. We'll try the "use two people to re-secure the seat cover" at the end of two weeks that is listed in installation instructions.

Still eyeballing the back seat cover. Anyone know how to remove the rear seat back? (EDIT: NM, looks like you can do so using page 4 from this instruction for the rear camera: http://www.handaaccessories.com/ridgeline/backupcamera.pdf)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey All, I just got the ridge detailed and was gonna shop for some car seats but wanted to see if there were any posts 1st. When I came across this one and discovered the Costco part I was psyched...:D So since the thread is a bit dated my question is.... For you that have these how are they holding up and are they worth the money?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey All, I just got the ridge detailed and was gonna shop for some car seats but wanted to see if there were any posts 1st. When I came across this one and discovered the Costco part I was psyched...:D So since the thread is a bit dated my question is.... For you that have these how are they holding up and are they worth the money?
I've had mine 9 months or so. They are easy on and off to clean them. I cant say that I notice any fading but thats hard to judge as it would be too gradual for me to notice. This is probably one of the best items I've bought for the RL - the cloth seats were terrible to keep clean. I just got a compliment on them on Monday when I had the RL in to have a tire repair - the manager thought they were great and wanted to know if they were available for most makes/models.

Janizary - Looks like I've left you hanging for about 7 months. Sorry about that. There is only one hook on the one side to secure the seat, but you've probably figured that out by now. There are 2 clips that go under the seat to the back though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ordered both sets last night, fronts and rears. I just hope the rears aren't that hard to install.:confused: My only gripe with ordering them was the way they show up in your cart. There is no way to tell what you ordered, it just shows up as you have 2 items in the cart, it doesn't specify fronts or rears. I called Costco and they said they were aware of the issue and had people looking into it. I was assured that if there was any issue with what I received it would be handled to my satisfaction. They recommended that I could call Coverking if I wanted to verify the order, which I will do in a day or 2, allowing some time for them to receive the order from Costco.

Janizary, nice job posting that tip. I'm going to see if it's possible to just snake whatever fastening items they supply for the rears cover without taking it apart 1st. If that's not possible at least I know how to remove the back seat now, and wow is that alot of work.:eek:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I dont think we have any installed pics of the rears, so if you get them in, please put up a pic. The fronts will be easy. Good luck with the rear ones!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I also ordered from Costco on 5/27 but just the fronts. Havnt arrived yet. I had kind of similar strangeness when trying to order. I kept getting 2 items in my cart along with a charge for each. I cleared everything out and repeated from scratch several times before I called Costco. The nice lady I talked to even had the same problem as she duplicated my order on her computer. In the end just before you confirm your order you have a last chance to modify your cart. That ended up being the only place you could delete the duplicate order, so thats what we did. After that it seemed OK. She also suggested I call coverking to confirm and of course she confimed Costco 100% satisfaction guarantee.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well folks here are some pics of the rears installed. I'm still in the process of tightening things up, but you get the idea. I'm very satisified with these covers, although I never owned a set of Okoles. The Cover Kings serve my purpose which is to protect my seats first. Aesthetics wise, believe me they really do look much better in person then they do in the pics. I would think the Okoles would look even better, but for the price of the Cover Kings, they look good enough to me. In fact I find myself trying to protect the covers, forgetting that they are just that...covers.

Just a few things to keep in mind for the rears. You have to be a little creative. The picture of the center head rest did not have any straps. Just velcro on one lenght. There wasn't any place to attach the velcro. So I went ahead and installed my own velcro straps to the other side as you can see in the picture. Those straps attached to the velcro installed by the manufacturer. Snug fit, no biggy.

I DID NOT remove the rear seats. The top part of the cover has those hard plastic pieces that slide behind the seat ( just like the front covers have). You can certainly remove the seat if you want and attach those pieces more securely. Sliding them in works just fine. The sides of the covers just need to be stuffed in between the seat and the rear c-pillar (the sides have 3/8"cord sewn in at the edges).

As for the interior of the rear arm rest, the sides have those same plastic strips that need to be slid behind the plastic backing. I used brute finger force to grab a hold of the backing and pull forward towards you, The backing is more flexible them you think, however I would not attempt this on a cold day. I would think there's the potential of cracking it if it were cold.

Also keep in mind that it will be a little difficult to click the seat bottom up due to the thickness of the material. Well there you go. I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please fire away.

Reactions: Localguy8
1 - 20 of 60 Posts