Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Check this out, so I get my seat covers (front & rears) and the 1st thing I notice is that they are different colors F = blk & tan, R = blk & grey, lol. Now in their defense I called to verify the order cause Costco's shopping cart is fubar and I asked them about the other colors so I may have confused them. (Actually I'm almost glad they messed up so I could compare colors) Then since the fronts were the right color I started to install them only to discover that they forgot to make the cutouts for the headrests on 1 of em :eek: So back to Costco they both went and now I'm trying to decide if I should reorder them... especially since I've read that the lowers slide around.

They'll probably just fix the one set and resend them to me, which is bogus, but whatever. I also noticed that they only had 1 hook on the inside (toward the center) of the front lowers..what the heck is that??? and the seat covers are 2 pieces?? another WTF?!?! I've never seen that before. Anyways, now I need to decide.... to buy or not to buy... :cool:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
anyone have a link to check these out?

·
Premium Member
4,576 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
They were also on sale at Costco in May. The $139 price was directly on the website. I dont know how they compare to the more expensive brands, but i'm happy with the protection these will provide. Normally I wouldnt cover leather seats because they seem to have all the durability that I usually need but after providing transportation on couple fishing trips and with a daughter who swims, I decided that I'd atleast try these on the front. If they are going on sale again I'll probably consider the the rears now. One of the other threads talks about the velcro that extends across the bottom of the back, but only attaches to about a 5 inch strip passes between the top and seat bottom. You can see how the edges curl up a little at the bottom of the seat back. They could improve a little on that, but in the end, I'm quite happy with these. The neoprene also had a typical pretty strong smell for a few days. Guess that means that the materials were new.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
schwejo - if you pull and stretch down those curved corners under the seat back, the velcro on the covers will stick to the lower edge which has a strip of felt. Mine do not curve out that way.

Oops, then again, I just realized you have them on leather seats which my not have the felt strip.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Hi, drhrosa,

I had to go out and look just now. The seatback at the location where the velcro attaches to the tab is a plastic piece. I do have some of that velco with industrial adhesive. I'll probably use that to stick it down. There is fabric about an inch lower, but I wasnt able to pull the back down enough to attach the cover velcro to it. Does yours seem to look similar? I also have a funny little indent on the drivers side seat where the sewn in plastic tube in the seat cover presses into the plastic around the seat base. There is piece in the plastic base that doesnt allow the tube sewen into the seatcover to fully seat. The passenger seat doesnt have the same little indent, but it doesnt have any electric controls either.

Anyway, its all still good. I might make slight modifications, but I still recommend these. I cut my sewing teeth on Frostline kits. Dont think they are around anymore, but my mom worked there about 25 years ago when they had retail stores. Their 100% success guarantee meant that our house had lots of half sewen or marked down outdoor equipment kits. Reminiscing a bit I guess....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Hi, drhrosa,

I had to go out and look just now. The seatback at the location where the velcro attachés to the tab is a plastic piece. I do have some of that Velcro with industrial adhesive. I'll probably use that to stick it down. There is fabric about an inch lower, but I wasn't able to pull the back down enough to attach the cover Velcro to it. Does yours seem to look similar? I also have a funny little indent on the drivers side seat where the sewn in plastic tube in the seat cover presses into the plastic around the seat base. There is piece in the plastic base that doesn't allow the tube sewen into the seatcover to fully seat. The passenger seat doesn't have the same little indent, but it doesn't have any electric controls either.

Anyway, its all still good. I might make slight modifications, but I still recommend these. I cut my sewing teeth on Frostline kits. Dint think they are around anymore, but my mom worked there about 25 years ago when they had retail stores. Their 100% success guarantee meant that our house had lots of half sewen or marked down outdoor equipment kits. Reminiscing a bit I guess....

I assume they will make this in tan/beige? I have the beige interior. I could not get past the link, since I am not a costco member. You need to enter your costco email address.
I don't have any costco's in my area, so becoming a member would not be an option for me.(waste of membership fee)
Any members out there willing to purchases under their membership for me. if I want to purchase? Of coarse I pay you, basically use your membership to make transaction?
Wonder if they would allow shipping to a different address than the members address?

:confused:;)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey Schwego - I pulled the cover down and around the plastic pieces you are talking about. You're not going to get all of the velcro to attach to the felt fabric, but you don't need much. Mine has been that way since I installed them. For some reason my camera is not focusing very well, but you should be able to kind of see what I'm talking about.

Cheers

·
Registered
101 Posts
drhrosa,

Are your covers Black/Grey or Black/Charcol?

I was thinking of getting Black/Charcol for my '06 RTL Steel Blue with Grey inteior but I'm trying to figure out how dark the Charocol really is.

Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
ssmokn,

Mine are charcoal which is very close to our interior charcoal. I believe the Grey would be too light, at least if you want them to match.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Hey Schwego - I pulled the cover down and around the plastic pieces you are talking about. You're not going to get all of the velcro to attach to the felt fabric, but you don't need much. Mine has been that way since I installed them. For some reason my camera is not focusing very well, but you should be able to kind of see what I'm talking about.

Cheers

Now that they have been on a month or so and after seeing your picture, I'll give it another try to pull it down more.

There was also another question on color. I have the charcoal also and despite one of my pics where the inserts look quite blue, that was just something with my camera and the lighting, they actually match exceptionally well with the interior of my Steel blue Ridge. I even called coverking because their website offers to send swatches, but they said the grey is a lighter traditional grey, so i just went with the charcoal. Given the times when companies are looking for business, I think it would be certainly worth the time to call them and see if they would honor the costco price. Who knows?

·
Registered
101 Posts
dhrosa,

Thanks very much for the info. I definitely was planning on going Black/Charcol and after seeing your pictures I'm sure this is what I want.

I would rather have something a little darker (but I don't want all black).

·
Registered
101 Posts
I ordered a set of the Cover King covers this morning.

Several years ago I put Wet Okole covers in an F350 that I used to own. I wasn't as thrilled as many others are with the Wet Okole covers. The fit was just "OK" and the neoprene seemed to "pill" after a while. This is just my experience from several years ago. I know most seemed to be thrilled with Wet Okole.

I figure this time I'll try the Cover King covers.

I am planning on doing a camera and backup sensor install soon so while I have the back seat out I might as well install the covers at the same time.

Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
84 Posts
(modified from my post on the wet okle page :rolleyes:)

Hey Guys, I gave the cover kings another shot since they were on sale. I'd already purchased the Okle's for the front and I gotta question(s) for those that bought the rear cover kings.

How did you tuck them into the area around the rear center console?

What about the fit on the center headrest and the areas to the side of it? there are no tabs to secure the uppers there?

Since I didn't have the funds available at the time of the Okle buy I got rears from Costco/Coverking and they fit fairly well in most areas except the center console, the middle headrest (no velcro? WTF!!) and the parts to the side (biggest disappointment) of the middle headrest. As for the last place mentioned they don't even have tabs to secure them in place :mad: and just "float." I'm sorta happy with the cover kings but these few flaws are enough to make me return them and just save up for the W.O's...unless they have similar design flaws.

Any tips? :eek:

·
Registered
84 Posts
(modified from my post on the wet okle page :rolleyes:)

Hey Guys, I gave the cover kings another shot since they were on sale. I'd already purchased the Okle's for the front and I gotta question(s) for those that bought the rear cover kings.

How did you tuck them into the area around the rear center console?

What about the fit on the center headrest and the areas to the side of it? there are no tabs to secure the uppers there?

Since I didn't have the funds available at the time of the Okle buy I got rears from Costco/Coverking and they fit fairly well in most areas except the center console, the middle headrest (no velcro? WTF!!) and the parts to the side (biggest disappointment) of the middle headrest. As for the last place mentioned they don't even have tabs to secure them in place :mad: and just "float." I'm sorta happy with the cover kings but these few flaws are enough to make me return them and just save up for the W.O's...unless they have similar design flaws.

Any tips? :eek:

NOONE?!?!? not a single response? wow.....:eek:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey samhian1031,

If you go to post #19 you will see what I had to do to the back of the head rest. Just attached Velcro strips to the plastic tabs. I used a staple gun to attached the Velcro strips. Works perfectly.

IN the same post I explain how I installed the rest of the rear seat covers. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I installed the Costco/Coverkings on my Jeep several months ago, it gets used every day. Here is a recent photo to show how they are wearing. I plan to install a set on the Ridge sometime but the OEM's still look good.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 60 Posts