Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone run into really good deals because of the Covid-19 crisis? Went window shopping today and wondering how I should negotiate? I purchased my 06 Ridgeline making an offer online to my local dealer and they came very close. I have no current idea what the Invoice pricing is on the current models? Just looking for guidance.

·
Administrator
14,959 Posts
When COVID-19 first hit and everything shut down including automobile production a couple of months ago, people stopped buying and new inventory piled up over a few weeks as units that had already been manufactured were delivered to dealers.

Manufacturers quickly responded with incentives including cash rebates, delayed first payments, long financing terms, and low-to-no interest rates, but dealers chose to hang on to inventory rather than give it away then risk not having anything to sell because they couldn't get any new inventory.

On the other hand, they didn't want to be stuck with a glut of used inventory that they may have to lose money on, so trade-in values crashed.

Two months later, production has resumed and new inventory has started to arrive at dealers once again. Sales were way down, but not nearly as bad as expected.

As to how the Ridgeline is affected, new prices today are about the same as they were two months ago, but trade-in values are slightly lower.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,312 Posts
Dealer I purchased from seemed to have an unusually large inventory of over 550 used cars and a rather small Honda inventory. Didn’t stop them from giving me a decent trade amount either which makes me think used cars are their bread and butter.........but now?

·
Super Moderator
5,368 Posts
Dealer I purchased from seemed to have an unusually large inventory of over 550 used cars and a rather small Honda inventory. Didn’t stop them from giving me a decent trade amount either which makes me think used cars are their bread and butter.........but now?
Used cars are their bread and butter. They hammer you on the trade-in and scoop up the gravy when they sell it. They can easily make $3-4k on a used car deal.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,312 Posts
Used cars are their bread and butter. They hammer you on the trade-in and scoop up the gravy when they sell it. They can easily make $3-4k on a used car deal.
The first dealer (local) really low balled my trade. Would’t budge- guess he wanted to bread and butter me pretty good. I went elsewhere and got $2,000 more. Along with the 2020 RTL-E purchase price of $36, 451, I was happy.

·
Registered
2017 BE
123 Posts
And they will try to sell 'their' preferred extended warranty.
Super duper tire and wheel protection.
GAP insurance....

And more to any willing buyer.
They will lock you in a little room while discussing financing and show you their toys.

Just nod smile and say no.
As their head/s become larger and redder it's easier to say no just for fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts