Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new here and looking for any help regarding the issue I am having.

I have a 2006 honda ridgeline RTL. Before starting work on it I verified it started up as normal. It hasn't been driveable for several weeks due to massive ps leaks and a cracked pump (deep freeze got it).

Friend and myself took on the project yesterday and replaced the serp belt, ps reservoir, ps pump, and ps high pressure hose (major pain). We got things hooked back up and before bolting the two hose bracket isolators to the frame since it's so time consuming, we decided to atleast check things were working and not leaking. Went to turn on and it cranks but does not turn over.

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,315 Posts
I'm not very clear on what you mean when you say it 'cranks' but does not turn over. What does that mean?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like when turning the key to start the car, it makes the coughing noise like it's attempting to start but never actually starts/begins running

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,677 Posts
I would certainly start with the simple stuff first - is every connector plugged back in that you may have disconnected? Or something to do with the sparkplug coils, if you touched them at all.

The simple replacement of the serpentine should not cause a no start issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We didn't need to touch any of that stuff which is why I am so confused. I don't see anything disconnected, and we triple checked the belt and everything. To get the hose replaced we had to lay Completely on top of the block and reach all of the way towards the back bottom where the rack is on the driver's side. It is possible we could have knocked something loose but I am not entirely sure what items impact starting the vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
23,315 Posts
Sorta/kinda sounds electrical/spark possibly.

Have you checked the starter cut relay?

RL starter cut relay.png

·
Super Moderator
23,315 Posts
Like when turning the key to start the car, it makes the coughing noise like it's attempting to start but never actually starts/begins running
So it spins but won't light off. Gotcha.

RL starter diagnostic troubleshooting.png RL starter system troubleshooting.png

1 - 7 of 7 Posts