Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: I'm still trying to figure out how to attach pictures. But, I've got pictures of my new truck when a teenage kid turned in front of me when I was leaving work Monday. I was only doing about 35mph since I had just turned off a side street and was still accelerating. The kid got a ticket for failure to yield. Luckily I still have the CRV to drive. But, my 6 month old pride and joy is messed up.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Bummer :( :mad:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Dktahg said:
:mad: I'm still trying to figure out how to attach pictures. But, I've got pictures of my new truck when a teenage kid turned in front of me when I was leaving work Monday. I was only doing about 35mph since I had just turned off a side street and was still accelerating. The kid got a ticket for failure to yield. Luckily I still have the CRV to drive. But, my 6 month old pride and joy is messed up.
Sorry to hear about that bro, glad YOU are ok though.

Since your ok, um, er, can you post some pics? :)

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I feel your pain (the mental part - I hope you have no physical pain). I hope you get it back looking like brand new.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ditto. I would have wanted to beat on him for doing that to my truck. Too bad I'll end up with an assault charge. Anyway, sounds like your ok, physically at least. So post some pix. I messed up my truck over Labor Day weekend and ended up needing a new bumper cover. Damn.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out how to attach pictures.

Make sure the photos are the right size. I had the same problem. Check your proerties on the photos and if necessary scale them down to about 400 X 600 then give it a try.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Total Bummer!!!

We are all glad you are OK - too bad your truck isn't. Think about this: if you'd been driving a "lesser" truck, would you still be ok? Makes you glad you were in a Honda, yes?

I am also interested in pics, and intreested in hearing what the damage is, internal and external, and what the quote is to fix it. Make sure you get brand new parts - that's still a new truck!!!!

-ridgeln

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Dktahg, we all feel for you believe me. As long as you and yours are ok! The truck can be fixed a lot more easily than a fellow ROC member! ;)

Hi lgmendez, You didn’t bash your Ridge off roading at el-Mirage did you? BTW, Maybe we’ll see ya out there one of these weekends. I take my dad out there to see the SCTA cars do there speed runs and let my kids ride the dirt bikes there. Our family pretty much grew up out in the dez riding quads and bikes. :D

Ron

·
Registered
127 Posts
Dktahg said:

I'm so sorry to hear about the accident, I had an angry guy cut me clean off over the weekend in his 1980's astrovan. If he'd hit me, the only pics I'd have would be mug shots.

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
I sent you an email reply about posting images. Simply click the "Manage Attachments" button below the text/body area of your message when typing up a new post/reply. That will open a small window where you can upload up to three images at a time.

This information and much more on forum usage can be found via our FAQ link up to too.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks a lot, all of you, for your posts. I'm okay, just pissed off. My baby has been sitting all week at a tow lot waiting to be taken to a body shop. Insurance is so slow.

I hope this works, I think I figured it out. Thanks for the help T-Mac

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Bummer Down Drag.
Get to the most positive person you know as soon as you can , maybe they can help us see some positive aspect of this.

I am truly sorry for your loss.

dsnove

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As soon as it is inspected and I get a price quote on the repairs, I will post with the breakdown. Here is a few more pics.

By the way, the Ford Taurus I T-boned is totalled. I hit the right rear tire and fender smashed to the trunk. Yes, I'm very glad to have been in one of my Honda's in the crash. Just wish it was the other one. I told the police that I guess I tested that 5 star crash rating. Adjusters haven't looked yet, but I'm hoping there is nothing structurerly messed up. This awesome truck should have held up well with a 35mph crash. I hope it is all cosmetic repair. I'm just afraid my truck will never be the same again and it'll have some minor glitch.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm so sorry about your truck, but I am glad you are okay. I hope all is settled quickly.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Dude, your truck looks fricken great for a 35mph crash. Feel good know that. also, do you remember hitting the airbags? Did you have a belt on?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DWdrums said:
Dude, your truck looks fricken great for a 35mph crash. Feel good know that. also, do you remember hitting the airbags? Did you have a belt on?
I thought it was pretty bad the day it happened. When I went back 2 days later to take pictures, it didn't seem as bad of damage as I thought. It's all on one side and the fenders are untouched. I'm just not sure about the engine compartment. No, I don't remember hitting the airbag. Seems like by arms and legs braced for impact, so they are still soar. I had my seatbelt on. The airbag just scratched one arm, but just the surface. What was weird is the passenger airbag went off also, but no one in the seat. No fluids were leaking, so I hope everything is okay, mechanically.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts