Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,636 Posts
Is this something you've personally tried and vetted?

Sounds a lot like the claims for a "performance chip".

· Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. They only make it for MAF sensors. Mine is a 06. No MAF.

They have dyno results and are well known for there tuning abilities. This isnt a ebay product. It technically acts like a cold air intake by changing the position the MAF picks up a signal from the velocity of air. Which changes the voltage input to the ECU.

To be simple..it safely leans the motor out which in turn can produce more power/mpg.

· Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,636 Posts
Ok, thanks for clarifying.

· Premium Member
11,332 Posts
Do you know which one fits 09 and up Ridgelines? It looks like Q2 and the chart says MAF00333.

By your description it seems to work similarly to what they say about the chip, which fools the ECU into thinking it is sensing a cooler intake, etc.
However, instead of just adding in a resistor (which is all the chip is anyway) this is replacing an existing part designed to work a little differently resulting in greater efficiency (if in fact it does).

· Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you know which one fits 09 and up Ridgelines? It looks like Q2 and the chart says MAF00333.

By your description it seems to work similarly to what they say about the chip, which fools the ECU into thinking it is sensing a cooler intake, etc.
However, instead of just adding in a resistor (which is all the chip is anyway) this is replacing an existing part designed to work a little differently resulting in greater efficiency (if in fact it does).
I am not 100% sure which one it will be. They have a q3, 4 , 5 coming out for the vehicles that are listed in green. They pretty much just became available for most toyotas and lexus etc. They have been testing this for a long time.

I suppose you can compare it to what a chip is said to do. But this wont void your warranty. And is is 100% returnable.

I only posted this cause everybody seems to be looking for some boost in performance or mpg in any way possible and this just seemed like a no brainer win, win situation.

· Premium Member
11,332 Posts
I am not 100% sure which one it will be. They have a q3, 4 , 5 coming out for the vehicles that are listed in green. They pretty much just became available for most toyotas and lexus etc. They have been testing this for a long time.

I suppose you can compare it to what a chip is said to do. But this wont void your warranty. And is is 100% returnable.

I only posted this cause everybody seems to be looking for some boost in performance or mpg in any way possible and this just seemed like a no brainer win, win situation.

Most of the gimmicks are pushing overrated power increases with little to no support for what they claims. Of course, if you can truly improve engine efficiency that should help power and mileage in the long run.

I don't think it is that far fetched. Crawford is claiming that they have simply improved on an existing MAF design. Time will tell if they are barking up the right tree. Let's hope there is something to it.

· Premium Member
11,332 Posts
Did you have to do anything other than just a swap?

· Registered
2014 Sport
4,389 Posts
I have seen an increase of 1 to 2 mpg as mixed city/highway driving. Have not dove enough yet for a full assessment.
Please do a thorough job of testing mileage. Hopefully you kept decent records from before? My gut instinct is that this a total gimmick and that the "placebo" effect will account for unvetted mileage improvement reports etc. I would love to be proved wrong . . .

· Registered
137 Posts
the mystery of the "special" performance spacer. Like the days of the throttle body spacer. 8% gain in minutes all for $50. if Honda could boost anything by 8% for retail price of $50 I think they would. 8% mpg could stretch the 21 mpg to nearly 23. the 250hp to 270 and 247 lbs to 267.............."The Eco Block
Increase fuel economy and power as much as +8% in minutes with the patented Eco Block "

· Premium Member
11,332 Posts
Well, it either works or it doesn't. Sure, Honda coulda, woulda, shoulda, but they don't have a monopoly on 'new ideas' or engineers.

Honda, as well as other mfg. have done some band-aids for bad designs too, ie; the external cooling line mod on the old 5 speed automatic used in early models MDX until the trans was upgraded in subsequent model years.

OTOH I am not saying this spacer works until we see some more data.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.