Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a relatively quiet but annoying buzzing noise from I think the drivers side door or dash near the door. It sounds like a high frequency plastic rattle. I thought I fixed it by putting some electrical tape on the fuel door button connector inside the driver's door as it was loose and easy to make rattle when I checked behind the door panel. Unfortunately my fix was not the fix as the noise didn't go away and I'm not sure what it could be. It seems unaffected by putting pressure on the dash or door in any place I've tried so far and I couldn't make anything else rattle inside the door panel by hand. Everything else seemed to be mounted securely as much as I could check just wiggling things by hand.

The noise tends to happen on fairly smooth concrete roads at a good range of speeds from around 20mph to 50mph.

Here is a link to a short wav file that I recorded with my phone. Unfortunately the road noise almost drowns it out, but if you turn up the volume all the way you should be able to clearly hear the cricket like buzz/rattle I'm talking about.

I'm hoping someone may have dealt with a similar buzz before and can give me some ideas of where to look. TIA.

Buzz.wav

·
Registered
15 Posts
This was my fix:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm. I'll check the plastic flap, but I don't think it's in the engine bay. Sounds closer than that, but sounds can travel strangely so it's worth a check. I also tried checking the metal box by the power steering motor under the dash, but I couldn't make it produce any noise when wiggling it with my hand, so I don't think that's it either. Maybe I should tape it just in case.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You may be hearing the high pressure fuel pump. I can hear mine once in a while but some members have reported the chirping to be loud and annoying. When driving the chirping seems to be coming from the back of the engine bay on the driver's side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts