Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized yesterday while parked on the street with my gate swung open sideways...someone could easily back out of the adjacent driveway and take my tailgate right off the truck! Especially at night with a black, unreflective surface to look at. This would also hold true in parking lots where the stalls are at 90 degrees to the driving area.

So...I went to my local Checkers and picked up a package of two red self-adhesive reflectors and I'm gonna stick them on the right-side edge of the gate (inside). Then I started to contemplate reflective tape, so I paid a visit to my local safety equipment shop and picked up a sheet of 3M reflective tape as well. I'll experiment and report back to the group.

Aloha,
Keoni

L

·
0 Posts
I did that the first week I had it since someone almost hit the door as I loaded the bed. I went out and bought red reflective tape and lined the inside of the door. It works well.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Pics, please. :D

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Both please. :D ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
The ROC rocks (I can't belive I actually typed that :eek: )

The old "ounce of prevention" metaphore is very true, except in this case it "saves a trip to the auto body shop".

Bad side is that I had a open lunch schedule, after reading postings this morning, I now have to get reflectors and a tarp (see In Bed Trunk thread).

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
vertrkr said:
Of ladyridge or the tailgate? :p
Or the tailgate of LadyRidge? ;)

L

·
0 Posts
Good Morning boys!! You flatterers!!! ;)
I am waiting for a nice day for the 'Line's photo shoot and I will be sure to get some of the tailgate. If any of you are familiar with North East Ohio's weather, you know we can have 80 degrees one day and 38 the next. Kind of like yesterday and today. :eek:
As for me...I am not married...but I do have a significant other.
Asking for a picture of me? When I thought about it...it sounded like a good idea. Not that it's important for you to see what I look like but it would be nice to know what the people look like you converse with everyday and value their advice. Is this allowed Mac?
If it is... is anyone interested in starting a thread of "faces with the name?" I'm game. :rolleyes:

L

·
0 Posts
Thank you..but I am sure they are looking at my Honda since I think I am the only one in Cleveland who has one. In almost 6 weeks of them being on the market, I have seen one on the road and with 3,300 miles on mine, you would think I would have seen at least 2!. :(

L

·
0 Posts
OMG..I never realized that until you said something. That pic was taken a few months back. :(

·
Registered
996 Posts
I'm so glad this is the kind of problem we're talking about on the RL, Instead of My cab leaks soaking carpets, suspension sounds like a popcorn popper, My engine has a loud ticking sound, My paint is chipping, and my vehicle suddenly surged and accelerated into an intersection(possible drive by wire problem), like on the 05 Taco. The RL is very nice indeed. ......and good pic LR.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Just got back from the hardward store, the advantages of working at home :) I stood there a bit contemplating my choices of the plastic stick-on kind or the reflective red tape. I finally decided the round plastic ones would be too noticable when the gate is closed and might make it look funny as you'd be able to see the sides of them. So I went with the tape, they had a roll of 2" wide tape which is perfect.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts