Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought the truck new the green light on the cruise control button worked fine. About a year and a half ago it went out but did not bother me too much. This weekend I added fog lights to the truck and while I was installing them I went ahead and tinkered with the switch. My solution was pretty simple. Remove the lower dash and disconnect the connector from the CC switch. Spray contact cleaner and re-attach. It works fine now. If anyone else has this issue give it a try.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E in pewter pacific metallic
2,565 Posts
Thanks, as one who uses cc every day, I turn it off and on many times. I'd be lost with out that little green light and even more lost if the cc went out. Good to know there is an easy fix for the light going out.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I've left the switch on from day 1 and have never even noticed it. Fog light switch too.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I notices mine went out about a year ago (the same thing happened to my Pilot). I did notice that when I release my parking brake it would sometimes go on for a little while. This would support the "contacts" not making good contact.:act063:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem. If anyone is unsure of how to remover the lower dash piece let me know. Its fairly straight forward and can be done with a flat head screw driver and a philips.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have an 08 RTL and changed mine without removing any dash panels. I laid on the floor and reached up behind the dash and I clipped the switch. Then it popped right out the front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts