Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the correct area, but another member asked for me to post more about my battery maintainer setup.

I recently installed the CTEK comfort indicator panel (CIP for short) into the location where the fog light switch would be. It was as simple as snapping the plastic blank out and snapping this in. See picture below.

The CIP has a positive and negative lead coming off it with a 15 amp fuse. I would of ran this to the battery but I had already installed a fuse sub-panel to the right of the glove box inside the dash. So I ran the wire over there had to lengthen the positive wire and found a ground on the dash support.

I drive my Ridgeline for shorter trips and live in the U.P of Michigan where it gets very cold at times. Having this "indicator" allows me to check the status easily and plug in to top off my battery or leave it on when my truck sits for a period of time.

I used to have on the battery the short comfort connector, but his required opening the hood and then leaving it propped open for the charger wire.

I have had a CTEK charger for several years and its the CTEK 3300, I then picked up a CTEK 0.8 for smaller batteries (lawn mower, powersports) I used to use this on my KLR motorcycle before I sold it.

I also have the 12v outlet leftover from my KLR so I can now hook this to the CIP and have a live 12v outlet when the truck is off.

I purchased all these items on Amazon.

Here are some pictures:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,376 Posts
That's really sweet, I'll be adding this to my list of things to do.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have noticed a few things with the monitor. When you open the doors or turn a accessory on it drops to the middle range which is a amber led, but then once started it goes back to the green led. I had read on a forum elsewhere that this is normal.

I ended up getting the "CIP" on eBay for only $10 shipped so I couldn't pass up the deal.

Also CTEK support is very responsive I have emailed them in the past about other questions I have had.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
I like it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts