Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying I am fairly new to owning a Ridgeline and this is my first try at a thread on this extremely helpful site...

I love the look of the Cubby Cover that 5S Dude makes for the Ridgeline. Awesome quality and customer service! So I did some measuring and found that the ProClip would obstruct the Cubby Cover from opening. I have the ProClip that sits below and to the right of the radio/pocket door. Great item too imho. Here is how I trimmed the ProClip to allow the Cubby Cover to clear the ProClip.

2015-11-07 08.07.09.jpg
Here it is in all it's glory!

2015-11-07 08.07.24.jpg
Here you can kind of see the area where the Cubby cover would strke the ProClip.

2015-11-04 12.58.39.jpg
Here is a close up of the ProClip that I trimmed with a Bench Grinder to give me the clearance I needed to use both of the great items on my Ridgeline. I did remove the upper right screw from the ProClip and was going to move it but found that the other three screws hold it together just fine.

FYI: The ProClip allows the compartment door under the radio to open and close without hitting also.

Hope this helps anyone "on the fence" about which to choose, I say BOTH!

:act035: RidgeFox

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Nicely done ProClip mod. It looks like they have new mounting solutions and adaptor plates on their website as well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
RidgeFox,

Great job with the modification. Since you have the cubby cover, I thought I'd ask--how close a match is the black cubby finish to the dark grey surrounding it in your RL? I'm going back and forth about if I want the silver or black one. If I go with the black, I'd want it to match exactly, otherwise I'll go with silver. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Airwreckc, the color is just slightly off from the factory interior gray. But given the finish of the aluminum and the gaps and bends between the glove box door and the dash angles, the light with shadows and such, seems to make it all wok well. I have yet to see it in bright sunlight... we have been overcast in NJ for a couple of days. I thought the silver was too much of an extreme for my personal taste, but I didn't want to go even as extreme as silver billet accents. Just my 2 cents or penny and a half in this economy.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have purchased a 2019... therefore this door is up for sale! Anyone interest? I can't use it any more and want it to find a good home cause these are sweet!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts