Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen much about towing with Gen 2 other than it does a great job. Was wondering what kind of millage your getting while towing, not a heavy load...about 2500 lbs or so?
Thanks

·
Registered
784 Posts
Haven't seen much about towing with Gen 2 other than it does a great job. Was wondering what kind of millage your getting while towing, not a heavy load...about 2500 lbs or so?
Thanks
Last year, another member posted a great thread comparing towing his camper (?? -- I think) to the same location with his G1 and then his replacement G2 Ridgeline. Somewhere out West in the mountains. That was a good post from an experienced owner, and I seem to recall included mpg comparisons (very favorable for the G2).

That said, there are lots of variables. Trailer weight and type (boat vs box vs camper etc), terrain, speed, weather, etc. You might not be able to find someone towing the exact same load as you, but you may be able to extrapolate based on the experience of others.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I guess I should have been more specific..... More interested with anyone towing a boat as that's what I tow with my current RL....have some hills here in North FL but mostly flat Interstate roads...

·
Registered
269 Posts
My experience with my G2 towing approximately 4300 lbs (my Accord on a tow dolly) was approximately 16-17 mpg manually calculated on the two fill ups. The distance covered was about 290 miles driven over flat roads (Florida Turnpike) at about average 70 or so MPH.

Not a boat and a tad heavier but somewhat similar front profile or "face" to the wind.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts