Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing how vertrkr's truck was set up over at Mt. Diablo with rounded (concave/convex?) mirrors mounted in his sideview mirrors, I went to go get me a pair. When I went to my local auto shop. I found these goodies. They are actually for an american made SUV/Pickup, but I picked them out because they match the exact shape of the ridgeline headlinghts. Pretty sweet!

Attachments

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Moving to our new category.

I am going to investigate getting something like these to help reduce blindspots for bith my Ody and the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
406 Posts
They are convex (concave goes IN like a cave).

Yes, I want to get some of these too. I am curious about your positioning. Why did you choose the inside edge?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Nice

I chose the small 2" parabolics, they are two small to do any good, the larger rectangle I thought may take up to much of the mirror, but that does not appear to be the case.

I agree with your location, though I placed mine in the upper inboard corner as the only thing in that field is usualy the upper corner of the cab and blue sky.
The lower corner is the most important when backing up as you can see your rear bumper in that quadrant.
The out board sections should be left unobstructed to see traffic to the side.

The parobolic is only to see if something is in that area at a quick glance mine are so small that nothing stands out.
Another advantage to the square type is it's larger lateral view is all usable info, the parabolic (round one) has the disadvantage of putting the sun in the picture most of the time in the daylight.

I will be upgrading soon, I think I can afford another five bucks.

Steve

·
Registered
171 Posts
I always put mine on the "bottom and outside" corner of each mirror. They work good like this for me, I can "follow" a passing vehicle from behind me to being in front of me without loosing sight. No "blindspots". :D
They take a little getting used to, but they haven't failed me yet.
I have the small round mirrors.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
This reminds me that I need to add another item to "Hey, Honda" about what should come stock on the new model. I love these chevron mirror signals when I see vehicles with them on the road. I think EVERY car, SUV or truck manufactured from here on should have them. Added safety for cars along side and a good reminder that your signal is on (drivers can see the flash in the mirror, can't they?)

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
06RTLNAVBlue said:
I always put mine on the "bottom and outside" corner of each mirror. They work good like this for me, I can "follow" a passing vehicle from behind me to being in front of me without loosing sight. No "blindspots". :D
They take a little getting used to, but they haven't failed me yet.
I have the small round mirrors.
The small round ones mounted "bottom and outside" corner have been my choice for over 10 years and 3 trucks now. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts