Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ii am chasing an "E" model and one of the things I am finding is that currently, everything I am seeing in my area are the darker colors. I want one of the lighter colors which certainly restricts my choices(white and light gray).

In general, is there some reason why all the early product shipped by Honda seems to be mostly darker colors or am I "making that up"???thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't care for maintaining a black vehicle, but the black sure does look good on this body. My local dealer has a silver( not sure which trim) and they have a sport and had a BE. The BE was sold when I went to check out the sport. As of today the silver one and the sport are still there. The silver is not bad, I want to see the modern steel in person, but it seems to me the darker colors fit this body style more. Looking on cars.com may help you locate the color of choice.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Ii am chasing an "E" model and one of the things I am finding is that currently, everything I am seeing in my area are the darker colors. I want one of the lighter colors which certainly restricts my choices(white and light gray).

In general, is there some reason why all the early product shipped by Honda seems to be mostly darker colors or am I "making that up"???thanks
Lol, I'm having the opposite problem, all the E models and some T models are light in color, I'm looking for either a black or dark grey.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,899 Posts
Since most dealers have online inventory these days, it's pretty easy for you to check dealerships in an extended area around your location – say within 200 miles — to see you what other dealers have that your dealer could swap to get. Or you can just email or call the farther away dealers. Maybe you wind up doing a deal with them directly. And course or salesperson can do this a lot easier. Tell them you want your color and you don't want to wait or you'll walk. It's apparently a sellers market, so you might have to kick your salesperson's butt to get service.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Shockley Honda in Frederick, MD has an RTL in modern steel metallic and an RTL-T in lunar silver metallic (assuming from your username you are in MD).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep. I'm watching 10 different dealerships and from what I can tell, only one has a lighter color "E" model...I while back, I remember reading a thread that seemed to touch on this subject of limited color availability and someone made a statement about dark vs. light colors but I cannot remember what was said..

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yep. I'm watching 10 different dealerships and from what I can tell, only one has a lighter color "E" model...I while back, I remember reading a thread that seemed to touch on this subject of limited color availability and someone made a statement about dark vs. light colors but I cannot remember what was said..
Looks like Ourisman in Bethesda has the same colors I mentioned above, but in the RTL-E model. Ourisman is where I bought my BE.

·
Administrator
16,088 Posts
Look on cars.com. They're showing 72 white RTL-E and 46 silver RTL-E nationwide. You can search from your ZIP code and help find the closest one(s).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts