Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I installed a Curt brand Hitch and harness. This package cost a total of 229.00. It fit well and the harness was easy to install except for running the ground wire to the battery. The only issue I had was the turn down neck of the muffler (exhaust pipe) rattled against the hitch. I took the rubber hanger off and bent the brackets on the muffler, both front and rear thus ending this problem. I like the hitch, except for the reciever itself you cannot see any part of the hitch standing behind it! I think this is a great buy. Got mine from www.hitchfinder.com

·
Registered
361 Posts
is the hitch recessed from the bottom of the bumper by at least 4 inches?

Can you show us a photo?

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
I don't understand the comment about running the ground wire to the battery? Why would you do that? Ground to the frame is as good as directly to the battery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,
I will take a picture tomorrow, the instructions called to run the ground to the bat...just following instructions....

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Run the ground wire to the battery????

Danger Will Robinson! Danger!

I agree with Csimo:
I don't understand the comment about running the ground wire to the battery? Why would you do that? Ground to the frame is as good as directly to the battery.
It is also much safer to connect your ground wire to the frame of the vehicle.

The hitch manufacturer could be wrong about instructing you to connect a ground wire directly to the battery.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Took mine to get a Curt hitch put on right after I got my Ridgie. Paid $274 for hitch, labor, and receiver lock. Looks okay, works fine. I'm glad I took the instructions for installing the factory hitch, though, as the Curt wiring instructions didn't quite match reality.

·
Registered
349 Posts
By the way if you use a wiring harness other than the factory one from Honda, if anything goes wrong with the wiring in your vehicle that is any way attached to the non factory harness Honda will not honor the warranty. If the wiring harnes required cutting or "T" taps to connect it, warranty on tailight,brake lights, etc. is now VOID. The factory harness actually has a relay that wires up under the dash, and lets the truck computer know when it is towing something....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts