Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the picture of my bed cover. Tell me what you guys think about it. For those of you who want to know the details its like this. The cover is 2 piece flip up. Then to take it out you just unlock 4 clamps. (about 10 mins) It locks at the end, slopes with bed and oh yeah !! I didnt cut up my bed to put it in. You see the H in the back- Thats a light. I'll post more pics I just wanted to see what you guys think of it.

I also added a picture with the cover off.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Very nice! Looks similar to the OEM hard cover (w/o the H). I like the part that it slopes with the bed. Easy to clean. How is it mounted (pics?)? Approximate weight? Cost? Availability? Great pics. Thanks :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Swishman:

Very nice cover! Who did you get it from?

L

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the ROC clayman. We're glad you're here.
Enjoy the ride!!

I like it. Thanks for sharing the pictures and taking the time to post them.
I have a few questions in addition to the ones above, I hope you don't mind.
1. Does the H on the cover come in only red??
2. How water-tight is it??
3. Does the part you lift interfere with the half that doesn't when in the upright position like the Honda tonneau cover does??
4. Does it lock??
Thanks for your help.
J.C. :)

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Very nice. I have no additional questions so I will just sit back and read the answers.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok. Thanks for all of your questions. I will post detail pics on Tuesday for all you. We did some real hard work to make this cover user friendly. So you will be real Impressed with it. To keep weight down we had to take out some of our ideas so that if you wanted to remove it away from home this would be no problem.

The cost of this unit will be NOTHING like hondas or after market units right now. We have made 4 of them for testing. And here are OUR results.

a. Weather (Texas Heat) 100%
b. Rain (Slow leak test) 90% = needs to work out leak at the corner of tailgate and bed
c. Car Wash (Heavy water test) 90% = needs to work out leak at the corner of tailgate and bed
d. Physical Wear (Use) 98% = it is vinyl it will rip (but a car will dint too !)

1. The cover is fiberglass coated composite
2. covering is vinyl
3. The H can be any color
4. 2 keyed locks and a inside bed lock
5. 4 locking clamps with safety pins
6. The unit folds back onto the top have of the front piece

If you have more questions I'll be glad to answer them

Thank You
Swishman

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have some questions.

Cost
What is the design on the tailgate lock
Are black rails a possibility
Can a the "H" be eliminated
Does the rail limit the travel of the trunk lid

Thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1. Cost - we are working on at this time.
2. Gate lock - I will post a pic.
3. black rails - Yes we are going to powder coat them.
4. Can a the "H" be eliminated - Yes
5. Does the rail limit the travel of the trunk lid No not at all. I would'nt have it.

Thank You

·
Registered
205 Posts
Verrrrrry interrrresting! I think you've got my attention!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like it. I got the only hard cover that was made the time I ordered. It only flips up to open about 1/4 of the bed. I do not like it and have been searching for something else. It has been the only bad thing about my rl.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
The more I hear, the more I like.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Ok here are more detail pictures for you guys.

1. The first picture is the rail with lock clap rec. ( you cant see them from plane view even with cover off.

2. The cover on a table folded in half. (the box on top is the light for the H (just a demo))

3. The cover is on table open.

4. The cover is on, in place and the truck is open.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It looks like it is vynil. Do you get much wind noise/flapping say at 75 to 80 MPH?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts