Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What are your thoughts on combining the OEM metallic silver and the real wood birdseye dash kits together? Would it be overkill or do you think they complement each other? Thank you all for your valued input.
Ron

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
I dont like that color on the gray interior. The gray marble looking one I like better and thought about changing to it. I like the trim around the Nav screen. and the vents. If I can mix it without remove the metal dash plate I already bought, I may do it. :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I like the Metalic dash (shown on the left) is that the Honda dash kit?

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NW Geocacher said:
I like the Metalic dash (shown on the left) is that the Honda dash kit?
Yes the one on the left is the OEM from Honda Parts Dept.

·
Registered
124 Posts
5S Dude said:
What are your thoughts on combining the OEM metallic silver and the real wood birdseye dash kits together? Would it be overkill or do you think they complement each other? Thank you all for your valued input.
Ron
I was thinking the same thing.. I kinda like the idea

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In talking to Jason Burtman from www.burtmanindustries.com I asked him if the “Birdseye” real wood dash would work in conjunction with the OEM silver metallic dash kit to get a different look is all. I’m contemplating whether to go with a Silver Carbon Fiber interior (Import Tuner) look or a more “conventional” wood grain (Lexus) look for my Ridgeline’s dash treatment.

·
Registered
124 Posts
5S Dude said:
In talking to Jason Burtman from www.burtmanindustries.com I asked him if the “Birdseye” real wood dash would work in conjunction with the OEM silver metallic dash kit to get a different look is all. I’m contemplating whether to go with a Silver Carbon Fiber interior (Import Tuner) look or a more “conventional” wood grain (Lexus) look for my Ridgeline’s dash treatment.
Keep us posted 5S, I just ordered the OEM kit. I liked the birdseye burtman full dash wood kit but the connection seam along the top center of the dash woulda bothered me. I do like the inner wood insert around the speedo.. but wonder if I would have to put it on before installing the OEM kit.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DatSumbch said:
Keep us posted 5S, I just ordered the OEM kit. I liked the birdseye burtman full dash wood kit but the connection seam along the top center of the dash woulda bothered me. I do like the inner wood insert around the speedo.. but wonder if I would have to put it on before installing the OEM kit.
Exactly!! DatSumbch, I know I may be showing my “real” age here but I kinda like the feel of being surrounded by the rich warmth that real wood brings but I don’t want my interior to look “Park Avenue fuddy duddy” either. Our son’s preference would be the Silver Carbon Fiber and billet everything look. I’ll be stewing on this one for a while I think.
Thank you my fellow individualists. It’s great to have choices… :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts