Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Long time lurker, first time poster. I am wondering if anyone has done any research on some non-universal seat covers. My dogs have done a number on my upholstery, and I am looking for something to cover the damage. All the threads I looked at were pretty old, so I am wondering if attitudes toward some products have changed.

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Another option that has worked well for me are denim seat covers. I've used them on my last three vehicles. You can get them from various manufacturers at around $350.00 for front and back seats. I have a sixty pound dog and have never had any upholstery damage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all! Long time lurker, first time poster. I am wondering if anyone has done any research on some non-universal seat covers. My dogs have done a number on my upholstery, and I am looking for something to cover the damage. All the threads I looked at were pretty old, so I am wondering if attitudes toward some products have changed.
www.decorauto.com

check them out:act018:

and uhh, stay away from caltrend if you really do want quality products. you need to look up the reviews of that company.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVVOA06He8E

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Coming from someone whom has been dealing with caltrend for 10ish years.... I have never had an issue they didn't fix. Actually very rare I have issues. I have personally put them in familys vehicles,my customers vehicles and a local glass company has been using there covers since 1996 in all there vehicles. They actually just replaced the original duraplus covers in the 1996 tacoma.

So that video is pretty much the 1 in 1000 chance of anything you buy having a defect. Not the defect that matters but the way they take care of it. Why would you email someone when there is a clear phone# right there?

If you want affordable do the job covers..caltrend or gt covers.. want fancy expensive then wet okole or clazzio

and caltrend is 2 year warranty

and heres a link to legitimate reviews
http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.co...sbfjB3xe1CCVt3r1LACujSVh2pgaG7Th30aAvDE8P8HAQ

·
Registered
4 Posts
Coming from someone whom has been dealing with caltrend for 10ish years.... I have never had an issue they didn't fix. Actually very rare I have issues. I have personally put them in familys vehicles,my customers vehicles and a local glass company has been using there covers since 1996 in all there vehicles. They actually just replaced the original duraplus covers in the 1996 tacoma.

So that video is pretty much the 1 in 1000 chance of anything you buy having a defect. Not the defect that matters but the way they take care of it. Why would you email someone when there is a clear phone# right there?

If you want affordable do the job covers..caltrend or gt covers.. want fancy expensive then wet okole or clazzio

and caltrend is 2 year warranty

and heres a link to legitimate reviews
http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.co...sbfjB3xe1CCVt3r1LACujSVh2pgaG7Th30aAvDE8P8HAQ
oh no...there's plenty of other reviews about them being horrible.....and unfiltered reviews at that!

however, when my ex girlfriend purchased seat covers from caltrend her seat covers came with a bad fit and the sewing was coming apart. she told me about her experience with customer support hanging up on her, never getting through to a manager/supervisor and it taking her credit card company to handle the dispute for months on end....customer support should be #1 priority when you're dealing with customers.

she was always telling people to find somewhere else to buy from. and after looking online there were other reivews i found, i just found that video to be the funniest. i'm sure they're still in business because there are customers that are satisfied with their work, but more than a few times i've seen their "craftsmanship" and heard what their idea of customer service should be...so no thank you. family down the street kept getting the wrong order sent back to their house. wrong color, wrong name, wrong car....two times before they finally tried to file a complaint and then 3 weeks later, they got their correct covers lol. someone surely dropped the ball on that one. the covers fit ok, but they didn't want to deal with the hassle of caltrend's support anymore so they just kept them. and the bottom part of the drivers seat started tearing at the seams after a few months.
but when i dealt with www.decorauto.com their customer service was great, and the seat covers i got my wife fit soo well, plus we got our seat covers very fast. they even responded to emails after hours and they even told me to go online and do a lot of research before picking out a company to go with. we went with cordura, she pointed us to their company listing on www.cordura.com

i don't know anyone that got gtcovers though. but from personal experience, i suggest decor auto.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I would like to see these horrible reviews? Quick google of caltrend reviews point to about 4.5 stars everywhere sold....

I don't understand the attack on the company? Unless you work for decorauto?

FACT of the matter is I sell about 3-4 sets a month...and maybe have 1-2 issues a year that are promptly taken care of. All I did is provide an option for the guy for seat covers and you posted a ridiculous video made by some redneck retard who thinks everything should be perfect in the world and who didn't have a brain to pick the phone up rather then email.

I personally don't think decorauto would be a bad choice,seems they have a wide variety of designs.

You stated your suggestion. I stated mine. To each their own.

MMMM......two new posters....both gung hoe for a company just starting up....smells fishy...

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,269 Posts
MMMM......two new posters....both gung hoe for a company just starting up....smells fishy...
I just noticed that this morning, New Posters...

·
Registered
4 Posts
i'm just speaking from experience. and a funny review video that i came across a while back. i didn't mean for you to take it the wrong way, if you purchase from them that's fine. i just would never do business with them from all the stuff i've witnessed.

and i don't work for them, i dont know cars, i know computers. computers are easier to understand than people. i'm a system admin at a company out of nevada.

my wife crashed my ridgeline and with another kid on the way, i'm looking for a new vehicle...no minivans, i'm leaning towards a ridgeline again...or a tacoma or f150. and i won't buy from caltrend...so i was just speaking on experience.

i'm not sure how this turned into a stand off...but uhh, i'll just keep to myself....i guess..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would like to see these horrible reviews? Quick google of caltrend reviews point to about 4.5 stars everywhere sold....

I don't understand the attack on the company? Unless you work for decorauto?

FACT of the matter is I sell about 3-4 sets a month...and maybe have 1-2 issues a year that are promptly taken care of. All I did is provide an option for the guy for seat covers and you posted a ridiculous video made by some redneck retard who thinks everything should be perfect in the world and who didn't have a brain to pick the phone up rather then email.

I personally don't think decorauto would be a bad choice,seems they have a wide variety of designs.

You stated your suggestion. I stated mine. To each their own.

How did I get roped into your flame war?? I just asked a simple question and said I would check out gtcovers and decorauto. I also looked at carid which is an official sponsor of this forum, too. Does it mean that I work for all three??

Not to point out the obvious, but since you sell it for a living, are you really the best person for an unbiased opinion about covers? I just want high quality covers, and let me stress I do not care what company they come from.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
i'm just speaking from experience. and a funny review video that i came across a while back. i didn't mean for you to take it the wrong way, if you purchase from them that's fine. i just would never do business with them from all the stuff i've witnessed.

and i don't work for them, i dont know cars, i know computers. computers are easier to understand than people. i'm a system admin at a company out of nevada.

my wife crashed my ridgeline and with another kid on the way, i'm looking for a new vehicle...no minivans, i'm leaning towards a ridgeline again...or a tacoma or f150. and i won't buy from caltrend...so i was just speaking on experience.

i'm not sure how this turned into a stand off...but uhh, i'll just keep to myself....i guess..

Welcome to the forums!!! Where everything is taken as a shot to the heart!

Not a stand off. I made a suggestion. You flamed my suggestion. I backed up my suggestion with real world reviews and experience. That's all.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
How did I get roped into your flame war?? I just asked a simple question and said I would check out gtcovers and decorauto. I also looked at carid which is an official sponsor of this forum, too. Does it mean that I work for all three??

Not to point out the obvious, but since you sell it for a living, are you really the best person for an unbiased opinion about covers? I just want high quality covers, and let me stress I do not care what company they come from.
You were not roped into anything. My replies were towards netflix and chill.

And my observation was just my observation.

No way do I sell seat covers for a living nor make any money off them after spending time and sweat installing the damn snugg fitting things. I would rather not sell them to be honest.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well i am also looking for seat covers, i do love the truck but the interior suck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ended up going with www.decorauto.com and their leatherette covers. They should be here within a week.

I had a lot of questions concerning installation, material, etc, and Decor Auto was the only one that responded to my emails. As a matter of fact, they responded to me within 20 minutes. On top of that, they were the only company that seemingly uses customer support reps from America when I called and had additional questions. The rest of the companeis like caltrend had difficult to understand accents that seemed to be reading from a script.

I'll keep you up to date when I get the covers!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I ended up going with www.decorauto.com and their leatherette covers. They should be here within a week.

I had a lot of questions concerning installation, material, etc, and Decor Auto was the only one that responded to my emails. As a matter of fact, they responded to me within 20 minutes. On top of that, they were the only company that seemingly uses customer support reps from America when I called and had additional questions. The rest of the companeis like caltrend had difficult to understand accents that seemed to be reading from a script.

I'll keep you up to date when I get the covers!

Nice. post pix when ya get em. How much did you spend?

I hope to be getting my sample seat covers and sample fabrics within the next week or so.

And FYI about caltrend they are a couple young hispanic girls who do the ordering and are sitting in desks in santa ana,CALIFORNIA. And they have a set of questions they ask to prevent any issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice. post pix when ya get em. How much did you spend?

I hope to be getting my sample seat covers and sample fabrics within the next week or so.

And FYI about caltrend they are a couple young hispanic girls who do the ordering and are sitting in desks in santa ana,CALIFORNIA. And they have a set of questions they ask to prevent any issues.
I paid $470 dollars with no tax (not in California) and free shipping. It would have cost me $490 dollars, but I called in and they said since I was ordering so close to their Halloween promo, they would give me a discount code for 20 off if I ordered both front and back. It was about 100 or so cheaper than AutoAnything's caltrend covers since I would have also had to pay tax.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts