Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm happy to announce that Cloud Rider, one of our great supporters over on our other site (Element Owners Club ), now has a growing product line for the Ridgeline. They are a good company to work with, they offer a quality a product and great customer service. They are joining the ROC family as a sponsor now and we'll offer some of their products and merch from time to time as giveaways as well.

Formal information is on the way about the Ridgeline product, but at this point even their Cloud Rider web site has nothing about it. We (ROC) are the first to have this info! So, here's a sneak peek at what will be available soon. We are curious to know what you think about it so please share.

#24-1003 2006 Honda Ridgeline (7 piece) 'Classic' Combo

#29-1003 2006 Honda Ridgeline (7 piece) 'Spectare-Mesh' Combo

*Patents pending

So....who wants one??? ;) They'll be available soon. Just be sure to tell them that you found the product on our ROC site if/when you place an order. Thanks!

·
Registered
153 Posts
If it will keep the weed seed out of my cooling units then I want one. I would like to know what mesh it is.

Thanks for getting this information.

Tiger

·
Registered
492 Posts
I think I would like black colored screen in order to preserve the original look but keep the bug guts out fo the radiator. Does it come in black?

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Looks cool. My questions: how much, how difficult to install, what colors, is mesh knit tight enough to stop bug guts from getting to the radiator yet allow sufficient air flow? And maybe I am missing something but I count five pieces, not seven.

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shortspark said:
Looks cool. My questions: how much, how difficult to install, what colors, is mesh knit tight enough to stop bug guts from getting to the radiator yet allow sufficient air flow? And maybe I am missing something but I count five pieces, not seven.
If it's like the install on the Element - very easy. Just some thumb screw-like items that you use to tighten it up. So, no cutting or trashing your original grill is necessary. Again, more info soon.

As for seven pieces, my guess is that you're not looking at the top section as they do. One large piece that has four tiny rectangle shapes in the middle - around the H emblem.

Our good friend, Karen, from Cloud Rider will be registering as a member soon and she'll be able to answer all of your questions and help everyone to select the best grill for their truck.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm very interested in a plain black grill sans the Honda H to go with the naked rear end I'm planning. If I can't get one from a third party I may have to make my own. Would like one that is powder coated for durability and some kind of removable fine screen to keep the bugs out of the radiator would be a nice touch.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I want one too but in black. However, there's a big issue with covers as they resctrict air flow. Not only will they restict the amount of air but most likely change it from a laminar to a turbulant flow. This will defintely reduce the abilty of the power steering and transmistion coolers to reduce the operating temperatures, for the lower units where I intend to place them.

How much of an impact it will cause I have no idea but it will have some and we'll probably never know with out expensive wind tunnel and thermometer tests. Probably just using a scan tool will do comparing with and with out covers but the results still won't tell me much other than how many degrees hotter the oil runs with the covers which is still useless to me. For sure tow ratings are spec'd for extreme conditions but we'll have no idea if the covers will cause temps to go to high for certain conditions that are less than the extreme the RL is designed for.

If you plan on towing a heavy load in hot weather I would not put on covers over the grills. If you are never going to tow then most likely no big deal. I'll tow a little so I'm still scratching my head about this. I want to do it to protect the radiators from rock damage but I don't want to get into an over heat situation.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, It's Karen from Cloud-Rider.
I've been reading your comments regarding air flow. You are very wise to be cautious. But please rest assured that we are a well established international corporation, not just someome with a garage business. We are a decade old and have sold in excess of 1 million grille inserts world wide. This is what we do for a living, we are the world leaders and we are damn good at our business. We also have International Patents for our products. In our history, we have done extensive testing in several areas, including air flow.
I can honestly tell you that in all this time, we have never had an over heating issue. And trust me, if there had been an issue we sure would have heard about it.
Check out the FAQ Page on our site @ www.cloud-rider.com

We produce our products out of 304 Stainless Steel and yes, we do have a Black Powder Coat option for the Ridgeline grille.

You can't see from our photos but the upper section is in three parts. One section outlines the original shape of the Ridgeline grille and two separate panels fit behind to be sure nothing (rocks, bugs) enters.
I will post an installation sheet next week. I will also post the costs.
Our site should be having a data drop by the end of the month so all this info will be there including a link to this club.

Nice meeting you. If you have anymore questions, just ask.
Karen

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Cloud-Rider said:
Hi, It's Karen from Cloud-Rider.
I've been reading your comments regarding air flow. You are very wise to be cautious. But please rest assured that we are a well established international corporation, not just someome with a garage business. We are a decade old and have sold in excess of 1 million grille inserts world wide. This is what we do for a living, we are the world leaders and we are damn good at our business. We also have International Patents for our products. In our history, we have done extensive testing in several areas, including air flow.
I can honestly tell you that in all this time, we have never had an over heating issue. And trust me, if there had been an issue we sure would have heard about it.

Nice meeting you. If you have anymore questions, just ask.
Karen
Thanks Karen, good to know. Will you be selling the pieces individually also besides the whole 7 piece kit? I'd still rather have the design which has better air flow, is there a difference between the two options of Classis or Mesh in that regard?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, yes, we do sell the pieces individually.In the Ridgeline's case the 3 piece upper "Screen' would be considered one part. Call 1-800-632-1255.

#9000 - 2006 Honda Ridgeline (7 piece) Combo w/Provision for Blockheater or the #9001 - 2006 Honda Ridgeline (7 piece) Combo

Prefix #24 = Classic (vertical slots) Bright Mirror Finish $314.83 Can.
Prefix #20 = Classic Black Powder Coat $359.12 Can.

Prefix #29 = Spectare-Mesh (mini-multi perforations) Bright Mirror Finish $377.80 Can.
Prefix #39 = Spectare-Mesh Black Powder Coat $397.03 Can.

Pricing is in Canadian dollars. Shipping for each of these Combos is approx. $34.00 via Purolator. (That includes all cross border fees)

There both superior sets but the Spectare-mesh is designed for increased air flow.

Call toll free 1-800-632-1255 ask for Orderdesk.

Karen

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry, I think Canadian because, I AM. :rolleyes:

The U.S. pricing is approx. and will depend on your credit card conversion rate.

#20 = $359.12 ($290.55 U.S.) Classsic Black
#24 = $314.83 ($254.72 U.S.) Classic Bright Mirror

#29 = $377.80 ($305.66 U.S.) Spectare-Mesh Bright Mirror
#39 = $397.03 ($321.22 U.S.) Spectre-Mesh Black

Shipping & Handling $34.00 = ($27.51 U.S.)

Karen @ Cloud-Rider

·
Registered
22 Posts
AHart,
I am taking your question about a screen for the optional grille to our Design Team. If anyone can do it they can. I'll get back to you.

Karen @ Cloud-Rider

·
Registered
254 Posts
The Ridgeline cooling system was designed to keep the vehicle cool, the transmission and power steering fluid cool, and keep the air-conditioning from cutting out in extreme temperatures when pulling on a grade.

This was confirmed by actual testing on production units. Any restriction of the air flow will compromise the performance of the system in these extreme conditions. As long as you don’t plan on pulling a trailer or hauling a heavy load in Death Valley, it’s probably not a big concern. However, the official policy regarding modifying the vehicle is: all bets are off.

Simply conduction a % open area calculation is insufficient to evaluate the performance of a grille. That is why actual confirmation is required on a real vehicle. Anyone implying otherwise is misrepresenting the impact of the product.

·
Registered
22 Posts
"I repeat": I've been reading your comments regarding air flow. You are very wise to be cautious. But please rest assured that we are a well established international corporation, not just someome with a garage business. We are a decade old and have sold in excess of 1 million grille inserts world wide. This is what we do for a living, we are the world leaders and we are damn good at our business. We also have International Patents for our products. In our history, we have done extensive testing in several areas, including air flow.

Cloud-Rider Designs Ltd,. is a well established International Corporation with years of laboratory & field testing to it's credit. We have been tested and passed by the big vehicle manufacturers. I can assure you, there is no misrepresentation here. :)

Karen @ Cloud-Rider

·
Registered
72 Posts
Karen...

Can we receive a "coupon code" so that we can order? ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Stereolab said:
Karen...

Can we receive a "coupon code" so that we can order? ;)
Stereolab,
You can use coupon code # 0305 for FREE Shipping & Handling (includes all cross-border fees).
Karen @ Cloud-Rider ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
UPDATE: Our Design Team has just informed me that they were able to expand the Ridgeline options. We now offer our grille inserts in: "Classic" (hertical slots), "Hexagon", "Round", "Spectare-Mesh" (mini-muti perforations) and "Breeze" (combination of Classic & Spectare-Mesh)
Our I.T. Dept also informed me that a complete data drop will happen later this week so you can order on-line. Of course, you can still call 1-800-632-1255 and ask for 'Orderdesk'.

Karen @ Cloud-Rider

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Karen,
Thanks for the info and the shipping coupon code. I look forward to viewing the options on the website.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts