Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figured I'd share. I made this custom vehicle last night for my Nuvi.

Here's a screenshot:

Here's the file you need:
http://www.somethingmusing.com/ridge2.zip

Here are instructions on how to use it:
http://www8.garmin.com/vehicles/howtoinstall/

I make no promise this wont mess up your nav unit. It's only been tested on a nuvi 500 but should work with them all. If you aren't comfortable using this custom vehicle then don't.

Enjoy!
Redisant

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Nice offer of you. But the link is "the bridge to nowhere". :confused:

How can I change the color to steel blue?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, sorry about the link. My server didn't want to serve up .srf files so I zipped it up.

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Will the Garmin read a .srf file or will it need to converted to a different file type?

Thanks, redisant. This will be a neat add-on to my Garmin.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,075 Posts

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Can you make one in Steel Blue? I might have something your Ridgeline can use in return.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Haha! now you are hosed, Trav. Please make one in all available 06-08 colors. Oh, and you might as well make an 09 Ridge for each 09 color too, since you'll be upgrading soon. You know you want to! :p

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Well done! That's to funny!

Finally someone has come up with a reason that makes me regret buying the factory Navigation system. I sure wish I could use your graphic.:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Yeah, I'm screwed LOL.
And different versions of each color with OEM accessories like, bug deflector, splash guards, running boards, body side molding and more and more!!:D

I need one with BSM, bug defector, splash guards, tonneau cover, moon roof, and tail light trim. HA HA HA :p

·
Registered
243 Posts
This is just TOO COOL! Thanks, Redisant! Can't wait to try it on my Garmin Nuvi 250w. I'll let folks know if it doesn't work on it.

A simple, yet awesome gift to the ROC members! :D

·
Super Moderator
22,568 Posts
Well done! That's to funny!

Finally someone has come up with a reason that makes me regret buying the factory Navigation system. I sure wish I could use your graphic.:)
Bruce,

If I understand correctly, the file may work with portable Garmin units too. Let's see if McRidgeline has any luck! (and you may have saved yourself $1,750 or so).

:)

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Bruce,

If I understand correctly, the file may work with portable Garmin units too. Let's see if McRidgeline has any luck! (and you may have saved yourself $1,750 or so).

:)
:confused: IIRC, this vehicle file is specifically for Garmin portable gps devices only. So McRidgeline's Garmin 250W device will most likely accommodate the vehicle file. And BruceRTL was lamenting his purchase of the OEM nav unit. :confused:

1 - 20 of 169 Posts