·
Registered
4,654 Posts
I agree, the 10 spokes look better.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I love them. The 22s were probably 4 years old and I had a lot of complaints about them. Chief among them: Tired of the style, zero curb protection, lots of balancing and centering problems (vibration and went through lots of hub rings), had to drive carefully on that last few miles of gravel road when camping/hiking, etc. Basically lost about 30% of the capability of the truck and grew past the point where I thought that was a reasonable tradeoff for rap video style (tongue firmly in cheek).

They look SO mean that now I'm really contemplating a set of these (in black) to even things out... thoughts?

·
Registered
278 Posts
New set up is killer.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks blu. My brother just texted me "looks murdah" which I'm pretty sure is good.
FYI, in case anyone ever uses this thread to research like I did with other threads, I have the honda factory fender flares and I think they're necessary for this setup to look/fit right.

·
Super Moderator
5,378 Posts
Thanks blu. My brother just texted me "looks murdah" which I'm pretty sure is good.
FYI, in case anyone ever uses this thread to research like I did with other threads, I have the honda factory fender flares and I think they're necessary for this setup to look/fit right.
I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment of the fender flares. The tires completely covered looks great.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the 20" (or larger) look, 46and2, but you hit it out of the park with your wheel/tire combo. Wish those wheels came in the stock size.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I'm not a big fan of the 20" (or larger) look, 46and2, but you hit it out of the park with your wheel/tire combo. Wish those wheels came in the stock size.
Thanks for being nice about your opinion on big wheels. Some of the threads on here have some anti-big wheels comments that make my blood pressure rise... I have more of a "to each his own" attitude I guess. I mean, I may not think donks look cool, but I can respect the thought and work that goes into one.

Anyways, Ace just stocks the blanks and then mills the offset and drills the holes for each application. Their site just isn't very clear about it. This site shows a 18" x 7.5" with 40mm offset (though no option for 5x120 bolt pattern). Not sure about fitment but if the bolt pattern is do-able the rest sounds like it might work. If anybody's really interested, call Ace. If you don't get through, keep calling, they're pretty busy.

I had a shop in Bellevue, WA do all the legwork and install. CNC Autosports. They have been around for a while but they just broke off from their parent company so their website isn't up yet. Highly recommend for anyone in Seattle area.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
When I first got my truck, it had 22" wheels and tires....hated the ride and switched to 20"s....so you're noy alone.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice choice of wheels and smart move on downsizing. there is a nice medium between wheel & tire size. too small or large of a wheel and it looks odd. (either too gheto or too cheap).

~SB

·
Registered
346 Posts
I had a shop in Bellevue, WA do all the legwork and install. CNC Autosports. They have been around for a while but they just broke off from their parent company so their website isn't up yet. Highly recommend for anyone in Seattle area.
Are they the new shop in the same mini-strip mall as Harbor Freight? From the outside, they didn’t seem to be a truck kind of a place, so I didn’t pay much interest before. I’ll now make a point of stopping by sometime to check out their capabilities.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are they the new shop in the same mini-strip mall as Harbor Freight? From the outside, they didn’t seem to be a truck kind of a place, so I didn’t pay much interest before. I’ll now make a point of stopping by sometime to check out their capabilities.
Exactly, that's the one. They do everything as far as I can tell. I've seen GT3s, accords, full-on ground-up drift and time-attack cars, lots of luxury cars and they did my friend's Tahoe.

That storefront is only a bit of it, they have a lot of space and a whole bay in an adjoining building where they do a lot of audio. Joel is the owner and he drives a Dodge Ram SRT-10 so yeah they do trucks. Ryan's the other guy and he's cool too.

I should've posted their contact info, sometimes I forget how many RLs there are in the area. Here you go:
CNC Autosports
14510 NE 20th St
Bellevue, WA 98007
[email protected]

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those may be the best looking wheels I have seen on a RL. Great job.
Thanks, that means a lot to me. I did a ridiculous amount of research looking for just the right fit and look. So... and full disclosure, I'm biased here... I agree :)
I have H&R springs on it, so it's lowered about an inch, very mild but enough that a few RL owners can see that something's different. Almost nobody notices, but I do. I also notice that my rear wheels' camber is 2 degrees off, so I had some adjustable SPC rear camber arms installed by CNC, going to get everything re-aligned tomorrow. That's how picky I am. 2 degrees!

·
Registered
116 Posts
very nice setup...i'm at the point now where i'm trying to decide if i should go 20's or 22's...glad to hear you and rusty's opinions the wheel size...i'll be taking it into consideration...enjoy the new rims

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
very nice setup...i'm at the point now where i'm trying to decide if i should go 20's or 22's...glad to hear you and rusty's opinions the wheel size...i'll be taking it into consideration...enjoy the new rims
After living with 22s for 4 years, I think I'm qualified to say you'll be much much happier in the long run with 20s. If you're wavering, PM me, I'll be objective and tell you the pros and cons of each. I'm getting a ton of compliments on these wherever I go. I don't think there's any more of a wow factor with 22s if you pick a wheel that looks nice. I could have saved myself a lot of money and hassle if I had just checked my ego at the door a little bit and gone with 20s from the start.
22s looked impressive to me at first but I felt like an idiot when I realized that all of a sudden parallel parking and driving on snow and gravel were seriously dangerous endeavors. I could go on and on about why 20s are better but I worry about writing a long ass post no one will read. I have subscribed and will happily answer any questions though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dang. this is SO close to the look I am going for. :act030:

= awesome sauce

good work on those. be very proud
Thanks! What's different with what you're looking for? I feel like I know a lot about the RL wheels and tire options out there after going through this, maybe I can help.
Anybody have an opinion on adding black nerf bars to my truck? I'm on the fence.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts