Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://dailysunknoxville.com/2017-honda-ridgeline-losing-many-buyers/92009214

I don't think this reporter has a clue on the G2.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Indeed. I am sure Audi is "losing" lots of buyers too that cannot afford 50-80 thousand. I do not see them worrying about it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
http://dailysunknoxville.com/2017-honda-ridgeline-losing-many-buyers/92009214

I don't think this reporter has a clue on the G2.
I was considering doing this post myself. I suspect they are on the "take" from the big 3. Nothing but negative from them about the Ridgeline since back in January.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
I like how the author states, about the competition, that they "don't go higher than $40,000 for their crew-cab range toppers". HA. Tell that to the $41,800 MSRP '16 Tacoma Ltd I traded in on my RL....and much less nicely equipped, I might add....fully loaded Canyon's are in the low $40k's, and then you have to add thousands if you want the diesel. Not out, yet, but coming late this year is the Canyon Denali, which will START in the low $40k's. Horrid reporting. I wonder what an article he wrote would say about housing prices and how the nice houses have prices that are keeping out buyers who can't afford to buy them....duh!

·
Registered
285 Posts
The Daily Sun Knoxville web articles are generated with little true data and are "sponsored", whatever that means. These seem to generate from a source that posts under other automotive web sites that provide regurgitated brief opinion articles with little fact. I believe they are generated to pull in websurfers who search a term like 'Honda Ridgeline'. Prior to the G2 release I would google 'honda ridgeline' on a regular basis and these "news" articles from DSK and the other similar sites continuously popped up.

Here's one from the past from a quick search I just did ...take a look at the common web page styling and the briefness of the article.

2017 Honda Ridgeline: Watch Out Ford! ? Motoringcrunch

IMO, you should take the content of these articles with a grain of salt as the saying goes.

Paul.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts