Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the ANZO tail light bar a month or so back and The Controller went out on it, I called Anzo and got the Run Around, so I contacted Danny Kaifetz - Adirondack Flagpoles, He couldn't have been nicer, He went Way above and Beyond in helping me with a Replacement, Danny sent me a PUTCO Light Bar which is Way Above the ANZO, You talk about BRIGHT I think there are roughly 2000 LED's in this bar The Back up LED's are Super Bright and as far as the Brake and regular Tail lights there is NO comparison in the 2 Its the PUTCO hands down!!!
He also sent me the Plug & Play connector I just removed the Old trailer pig tail and put this one in and Hook up took probably 30 min. total and most of that was getting my Big Hands in place to fish the controller down to the underside.
All in all it is a GREAT Product and you Couldn't ask for a Nicer Guy to Deal with than Danny!!! And Besides all that he is a Veteran of the US Marines!! Supper Nice guy to Work with and installations are Extremely Plain and Easy to Follow!!
So if your thinking about a Tail Light Bar Drop Danny a note, you'll be GLAD you Did!!!!
Woody

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
I agree, Danny is a heck of a nice guy. He also stands behind his product 100%. Not only has he resolved a couple of (minor) problems I had with a purchase, but he sent me extras that I did not even pay for just to be certain that I was compensated for any perceived inconvenience!

I highly recommend his products!

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Thanks for all the nice comments. For Woody I made a custom harness from the OEM Honda part, all soldered and heat shrinked wire connections in a factory loom. This provides plug'n play wiring for any LED light bar, Anzo or Putco especially. Even has the extra power wire built in for Anzo, and of course backup lights. I agree completely with Woody that the Putco Blade is a far better product then the Anzo progressive flashing light bar.

The harness solution means you can have your light bar plugged into a custom flat 4-wire and an additional waterproof 2-wire pigtail on the factory harness. Just unplug the old harness at the trailer hitch and replace it with this version. Also means if you LED bar ever fails and you get it replaced under warranty [Putco 3 year and Anzo 1 year], there is no wiring spliced in to be removed. Very easy. Then your original 7 way connector is still available for towing. For my work I feel the light bar is even more critical when towing, so why would anyone want either-or situation by using the factory 7 way for the light bar with an adapter. Also much cleaner look and far less work as the backup lights are built in to my harness.

Ordered some B-series connector from England and my next mod will be a plug-in harness at the left taillight housing that connects all seven wires of any light bar without ever even having to crawl under the truck and work on your back in tight quarters. I will post the details on that project in a couple weeks with photos and also photos and docs on the PUTCO Led light bar installed on a G-1 [identical for G-2].

Couple photos of the new harness soon to be available on my eBay store at Ridgeline-Mods, $75 plus shipping and exchange of your old harness is what I was thinking.

Any questions feel free to ask, really nice to be working with such a great group of Ridge owners as all those who posted above.

Danny K.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anybody heard from Danny lately? I ordered a custom trailer hitch wiring adapter from him last month from ebay and haven't received it yet. I've reached out to him via ebay contact and PM'd him from ROC forums and he isn't responding. I hope he's okay.

Never mind ... He was on the road and made everything good when he got back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts