Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our trucks should come with a coat hangar or other monkey tool impliment.

Twice this week I have dropped something between the drivers seat and the center console. Not quite a Black Hole.The seat base has no gap at the bottom and there is no way of reaching anything down there. The first thing I dropped was a screw that I was bringing to the hardware store to match, the second was an airplane key, I was able to retrieve them with a magnet.

If you dropped the ignition key down there and you were out in the dessert you would need to be resourcefull to get it back. bubble gum on a stick for non ferrous stuff if you don't have mechanical fingers.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
The Pilot is the same way. Must be a feature.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I dropped a gift card on the way to a birthday party. It was a good thing I noticed it sliding down or I would have been sure I'd lost it. It's tricky to get things out of there.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Thanks! Been missing a few things lately. All this time I've been blaming my better half! Maybe I should check this "dark grey hole"!!!!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Brilliant! It would have to move or allow the console to move back and forth, for some folks. I adjust mine back and forth ocassionally.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
You can get these things at just about any of those cheap tool sales or maybe at Sears. A few of these things have found their way into my shop. Sometimes they are just what you need to pick up that nut that fell way down into an unreachable place. I have fished rings out of drains with it too.

http://jordanindustrial.zoovy.com/product/MI90400?META=bizrate-MI90400

The picture is not too clear but it has a push button plunger on one end. The other end of the semi-flexible shaft has a basket of fingers that expand when the button is pushed and retracts with the captured item in it's fingers when the button is released.

Notice the Limited Lifetime Warranty? Woo Hoo! Just send 8.95 for shipping and handling to .........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts