Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those forum members who've connected to the dash fuse box, for an Always-On Power tap, what's your suggestion for the best fuse circuit to tap from? Thanks, in advance!

·
Super Moderator
5,334 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Black Edition
753 Posts
For those forum members who've connected to the dash fuse box, for an Always-On Power tap, what's your suggestion for the best fuse circuit to tap from? Thanks, in advance!
@Sparkland beat me to providing the link, but... post #3 of that link implies that the power is NOT constant because he made is camera start with starting the truck.

But just pointing out, that you visited and "liked" some posts in that same thread for what I mentioned I used for constant power (Seat Recline fuse #15). ScooterS mentioned he used the Brake controller pigtail, which that fuse is under the hood, but is wired there with a connector.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/169-2g-accessories-performance-parts-modifications/168450-camera-gopro-type-2.html#post2465434

Are you struggling with either of those suggestions? Or are you uncomfortable using those positions?

If you cannot find fuse #15 take a flashlight and look to the left of the panel, on the side, there are labels. But it would be hard to miss #30 if it is unused (again I think that one is switched though).

-Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
5,334 Posts
A big shout out to Nervey and Scooter! Got my dash cam installed today. Just as easy as they said it would be.

Reactions: ScooterS and Nervey

·
Premium Member
2017 Black Edition
753 Posts
A big shout out to Nervey and Scooter! Got my dash cam installed today. Just as easy as they said it would be.
What route did you end up taking? Camera, power choice, fuse (always on/or on with key?)

Congrats. Good feeling when it's done, isn't it? :)

·
Super Moderator
5,334 Posts
What route did you end up taking? Camera, power choice, fuse (always on/or on with key?)

Congrats. Good feeling when it's done, isn't it? :)
I used the VIOFO A119 with the GPS module. Routed it along the roofline and down the A-pillar to the fuse #30. I may change the fuse location depending upon if I decide to have constant power. What is the advantage of constant power? Thanks for the assistance. It is strange, but the most difficult part for me was unhooking the connection on the right side of the plastic cover with the hose connected to it.

One note--if anyone removes the lower cover as shown in the "Pilot" video it is difficult to get back on without popping off that outer plastic panel facing the door on the left side. Just pop it off, no screws.

Reactions: Nervey and MJWayne

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
I used the VIOFO A119 with the GPS module. Routed it along the roofline and down the A-pillar to the fuse #30. I may change the fuse location depending upon if I decide to have constant power. What is the advantage of constant power? Thanks for the assistance.
Constant power will let the camera run when the truck is turned off (take pictures when parked). Check other posts, I don't think that the A119 is the best model in that mode.

With switched, the camera will come on when the truck is started and turn off when the truck is turned off. Basically,"set it and forget it." That is how I have mine set.

Good Work. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I used an add-a-tap fuse tapped into the fuse panel in the footwell. Will have to look at it again as I've forgotten which one I plugged into.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts