Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know my VTM-4 Button light is out. The one that actually has the words on it, not the orange one when it is selected.

The one I have a question about is the cargo light button. The symbol is lit up but the word cargo isn't lit up. Is it supposed to be?

Is this the correct part #35551-SJC-A01 Bulb A, A (14V 40MA) for both?

I am going to be swapping the stereo and speakers out so I wanted to fix these while the dash is off.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
the bed lights button does NOT illuminate.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ImageUploadedByAG Free1433127957.531698.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1433127972.495417.jpg

Looks like I would need. Part #9 for the VTM-4 button and #18 for the Cargo light button.

Can anyone confirm in their RL that the cargo word does not light up on that button and it looks just like mine does in the other picture I posted earlier? Thank you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
"No it doesn't".... "Yes it does". :)

You're both right. The bed lights button does "illuminate", but only to the extent you have already shown in your picture (the image of the light illuminates). The word "cargo" is only painted on & does not illuminate.

The same is true for the words & image of the drive train on the VTM-4 Lock button (painted only). The only illumination there is in the thin rectangular indicator block that glows when you first turn on the key or when you actually select this function in 1st, 2nd, or reverse gears.

Hope that helps.

BUT WAIT!......... as I look at the parts diagram, I am now wondering: I am SURE that the cargo button is as I explained (& K-Dog alluded to); that is "Cargo" does not illuminate. Notice also that you only have one lamp for that button. HOWEVER, I notice there are actually two lamps on the VTM-4 Lock button, which would strongly imply that more than the rectangular block lights up (I could be mistaken with my initial statement above). If this is the case, mine has been out literally forever! You'll find out when you take it apart. If you're uncertain (which would be understandable at this point), take them both out & let us know what you find. :)

Summary ... IMO, you definitely don't need #18 (yours is clearly still working.... it just doesn't light up "cargo"), but looks like #9 might fix you up for VTM-4.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"No it doesn't".... "Yes it does". :)

You're both right. The bed lights button does "illuminate", but only to the extent you have already shown in your picture (the image of the light illuminates). The word "cargo" is only painted on & does not illuminate.

The same is true for the words & image of the drive train on the VTM-4 Lock button (painted only). The only illumination there is in the thin rectangular indicator block that glows when you first turn on the key or when you actually select this function in 1st, 2nd, or reverse gears.

Hope that helps.

Ok thank you for the cargo button part.

The VTM-4 button does light up when not activated because it was when I got the truck. That's also why there is are 2 bulbs listed for that button. One for the words and one for the orange activated light.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,156 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Fixed in quote for you....
K-dog.... if the "image of the light" part of that button does not illuminate for you, then you have a bulb burnt out. The word "cargo" on the other hand, will not illuminate because it is painted on only.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
K-dog.... if the "image of the light" part of that button does not illuminate for you, then you have a bulb burnt out. The word "cargo" on the other hand, will not illuminate because it is painted on only.
I will give it a gander tomorrow night.

I really dont pay it much mind since its down by my knees.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts