Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Does anyone know how to remove the dash panels to get to these switches to replace the lights.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Does anyone know how to remove the dash panels to get to these switches to replace the lights.
For the dash panels for the lower part of the dash, where the switches are located for the master cruise control and such, do a search for the instructions for installing the hitch wiring under the dash. It shows how to take that panel off. If I remember right, it isn't too difficult, a couple of screws and a few clips and it pops right off. Can't help on the other panels, though...

So...my service guy wants to charge me $47 in labor to change two bulbs. What a friggin' deal!

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,321 Posts
So...my service guy wants to charge me $47 in labor to change two bulbs. What a friggin' deal!
Well, "Ol DW" here in Franklin charges $100/hour shop time, so that's about 30 minutes. Sounds about right.....:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can any one put up directions on how to remove the dash panel to get to the burnt out bulbs? BTW, I have 43K miles on the truck and these lights have been burnt out since I bought it with 36K on it. Kind of annoying.
Sorry it took me a bit to gret back to you. I have been swamped with work. To take off the dash pannel that will allow you access to most of the burnt out lights I used a Honda published instructions for installing the 'MP3 Player Attachment Kit'. Steps 1-3 should be followed. (some prefer not to disconnect the power to do this). If you do disconnect the power remember to have your radio security code to enter when you sower back u and pay attention to the auto window note (steps 22-23).

I also found and attached the instructions for getting to the seat heater lights. Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks,

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looks like I found the right thread for my burned out bulbs. As everyone else has mentioned, my passenger side seat heater bulb was the first to go. A few months later, the green cruise bar bulb went out. A few weeks ago I noticed my interior light switch bulb was out. Went to Airport Marina Honda who of course had to special order the bulbs to the tune of about $3.50 a piece. Dash dismantling will be on Tuesday.

·
Registered
252 Posts
This weekend, I replaced the bulbs for the VTM-4 switch (2 bulbs), the ODO Reset switch and the interrior light switch. Took about 15 minutes total as pulling the dash panel is a piece of cake.

However, after all was put back together and I was confirming the new bulbs were working (they were), I noticed that the cargo light switch bulb had now burned out.

What is it with these bulbs?? Seems that earlier in this thread there was mention of a possible defect with the dimmer switch causing the issue. Should I replace the dimmer? Any advice??

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had this problem on my 06' RTL. The dealer replaced about 7 burnt out bulbs in various switches. Funny, a few I got to come back on simply by tapping on the switch and they have remained on since. The exception being my passenger seat heater switch that still goes off and I just have to tap on it and the light comes on, have not gotten around to getting that one replaced. I could understand back in 1946 but in 2006, come on Honda.

·
Registered
315 Posts
The sunroof switch is supposed to be lit?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry it took me a bit to gret back to you. I have been swamped with work. To take off the dash pannel that will allow you access to most of the burnt out lights I used a Honda published instructions for installing the 'MP3 Player Attachment Kit'. Steps 1-3 should be followed. (some prefer not to disconnect the power to do this). If you do disconnect the power remember to have your radio security code to enter when you sower back u and pay attention to the auto window note (steps 22-23).

I also found and attached the instructions for getting to the seat heater lights. Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks,

Mike
Hey Mike!

Thanks for the directions. I actually figured it out today with out looking again at this thread and then I see the directions! LOL I decided I would take apart my dash and replace the bulbs since my 6 disc in dash (behind the navi) decided to jam up and give me the mech error message. I was able to pull it all, take apart the cd player and remove the jammed cds and have it all work when I was all done. Thanks again to the members of this forum to give me the tools and confidence needed to fix these things and save myself about $600! :D:D:D:cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Took me awhile to find this. Looks like I'm not the only one. I have had at least 10 go out on mine some even twice. When it was within the extended warranty the dealer replaced them at no charge. Now with over 100000 miles on it I have 4 out. The dealer is not sure what is going on. Has any one figured out how to resolve this for good as it seems if I want to not have to go through the inconveniece and cost to get it done at the dealer I have to get in there and do it myself. This is something I would prefer not doing.

Along with the dash button backlights, I have had to replace both headlight bulbs at least 10 times since I've had my Ridge. I make sure I have one or two spares in the glove box at all times.

Will continue scanning previous posts for info. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Took me awhile to find this. Looks like I'm not the only one. I have had at least 10 go out on mine some even twice. When it was within the extended warranty the dealer replaced them at no charge. Now with over 100000 miles on it I have 4 out. The dealer is not sure what is going on. Has any one figured out how to resolve this for good as it seems if I want to not have to go through the inconveniece and cost to get it done at the dealer I have to get in there and do it myself. This is something I would prefer not doing.

Along with the dash button backlights, I have had to replace both headlight bulbs at least 10 times since I've had my Ridge. I make sure I have one or two spares in the glove box at all times.

Will continue scanning previous posts for info. Thanks in advance.
Not sure if this was mentioned up-thread but apparently turning the dash lights down slightly from full intensity helps. As for the head lights, are you using gloves when changing the bulbs? If you touch the bulbs with your fingers the oils from your skin will reduce it's life.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The passenger seat heater switch light appears to be on the blink....and now I can't find the old schematic someone posted showing what bulbs (40 or 60ma) went to what switches. I'm guessing it's the 40ma bulb.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Tonight, the cruise control on indicator (the one down by your left knee) lit up for the first time ever. It has never worked before. I always leave that button in the on position. No idea why that happened, but maybe the "burnt out" dash lights aren't really burnt out? Maybe it's just a connection issue...just my .02

21 - 40 of 74 Posts