Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received a new 22 RTL-E and noticed a small pinhole scuff on the driver's side dash right next to the door seam. It's small but you can see it when driving. Wondering how this could be repaired just so it is not as noticeable and I can forget about it like a normal person, LOL. Thanks.
Automotive tire Textile Sleeve Automotive design Grey

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
I'm pretty OCD and I'd notice that and think about it too. Here's what you do, get a dab of grape jelly and rub it between your thumb and finger, now change radio stations. Bam! Problem solved, those fingerprints on the screen will make you forget all about the dash!

Seriously, I wouldn't worry about it unless it gets worse over time.

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
8,262 Posts
Of course, it would in the only place that catches your eye every time you get into the vehicle. Have your dealer take care of it, and if they mess it up even worse, they will replace it. Anything you attempt to do to repair it will probably make it stand out even more.

Reactions: wjfyfe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Points taken, in the grand scheme of things, right, 6 months from now when it has its usual wear and tear, no big deal. The fact that it is brand new it bothers me and if I could cover it up then I would forget about it. I purchased it out of state but could take it to my local Honda dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty OCD and I'd notice that and think about it too. Here's what you do, get a dab of grape jelly and rub it between your thumb and finger, now change radio stations. Bam! Problem solved, those fingerprints on the screen will make you forget all about the dash!

Seriously, I wouldn't worry about it unless it gets worse over time.
That a VPI Classic turntable?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
That a VPI Classic turntable?
Sharp eye, yes it is!

Normally I wouldn't hijack someone's thread to go off topic, but since this is your thread....

I was fortunate to pick the VPI up from a friend a few years back when he upgraded to a VPI Avenger. The Classic was well used when I got it and included a Shelter 501 cartridge. I gave it a good cleaning, polished the platter, replaced the spindle bearing (which had developed a flat spot from use and lack of lubrication), lubed the motor, cleaned as much gunk off the cartridge cantilever as I dared and cleaned the stylus. Once I got it all set up and running properly I could never go back to my Pro-Ject turntable. I also bought a custom-made acrylic dust cover for it from a gentleman on eBay.

Do you also have a VPI?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sharp eye, yes it is!

Normally I wouldn't hijack someone's thread to go off topic, but since this is your thread....

I was fortunate to pick the VPI up from a friend a few years back when he upgraded to a VPI Avenger. The Classic was well used when I got it and included a Shelter 501 cartridge. I gave it a good cleaning, polished the platter, replaced the spindle bearing (which had developed a flat spot from use and lack of lubrication), lubed the motor, cleaned as much gunk off the cartridge cantilever as I dared and cleaned the stylus. Once I got it all set up and running properly I could never go back to my Pro-Ject turntable. I also bought a custom-made acrylic dust cover for it from a gentleman on eBay.

Do you also have a VPI?
Very nice, I did have a VPI Prime several years ago and have since switched to a Rega Planar 10 with a Pass Labs XP-17 phono stage. Sounds very good.

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
Very nice, I did have a VPI Prime several years ago and have since switched to a Rega Planar 10 with a Pass Labs XP-17 phono stage. Sounds very good.
Nice rig, I bet it sounds great!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts