Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought my leaky windshield gush (aka Windline) was bad untill my dash on the passenger side started rattling. Oh man, it's crackin' me. The reason I bought this rig was that I thought it was going to be quiet (and believe it or not, I'm pretty easy to please as I'm not really a car guy). Anyone have this issue and/or know a fix to speak to the dealer about? Thanks for the great posts, this forum is very helpful.

·
Registered
123 Posts
No rattles here...how many miles do you have on yours? Did the rattle start after you bought it some time or was it there from the get go?

Fortunately no one else has this issue so it is limited so far!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Ridge said:
Hmmm......only 6 post and everyone about a problem or different short coming with your Ridgeline. I think I know what we have here. Anyone want to guess?
A little bit of an overreaction here??? Squeaks and rattles (and yes, even wind noise) are signs of some cosmetic issues that need to be addressed and should not be connected with any type of citrus fruit. Come on, it's a brand new vehicle- it's going to have a few kinks that should be easily correctable. Is everyone going to be absolutely perfect? Is every $70K BMW or Mercedes perfect coming off of the assembly line flawless? Have you checked reliability records for any other non-Japanese truck out there? These "wrinkles" will be worked out and the RL will be as reliable as any other vehicle Honda has manufactured. We all know what we signed up for when we became the first to own a brand new design. Let's continue to work together to surface the issues and report back to the club with fixes as they occur.

And no, mine isn't perfect either- I've got the steering wheel and wind noises. Other than a couple of cosmetic blemishes, I'm enjoying my month-old RL and would recommend it to anyone shopping for a mid-size truck.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heinrich said:
No rattles here...how many miles do you have on yours? Did the rattle start after you bought it some time or was it there from the get go?!
Heinrich, the rattles started right around 500mi.

As a side note, I've NEVER even hinted that I've got a lemon. I really dig this truck, it's an awesome product that I hope to have for a long time. I realized that a new-introduction into the market would have bugs (we're beta-testers all the way). This forum is a great place to help develop this truck.

Everyone uses this forum for different reasons. Some like to share photos and love stories about the Ridgeline and others (like myself) choose to use it to troubleshoot issues that I'm having with my vehicle. That said, if anyone has rattles or vibrations in their dashboard that are beyond "normal/acceptable", please let me know.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
tucsonridge said:
Everyone uses this forum for different reasons. Some like to share photos and love stories about the Ridgeline and others (like myself) choose to use it to troubleshoot issues that I'm having with my vehicle. That said, if anyone has rattles or vibrations in their dashboard that are beyond "normal/acceptable", please let me know.

Totally agree. Best thing about these forums is information exchange and hopefully someone has a solution. I'm not one to gush about the truck too much online, we all know it's a great truck. I rather use the net & forums to find or post solutions and to do that you have to post your issues with the truck.

Anyway, to the point, I do have an occasional rattle in the dash. Only happens when the road bumps are just right. Happens rarely for me and doesn't last long. I've been under the dash so much playing with the wiring I might have pulled something loose. I have not yet investigated to see if I can find the cause.

·
Registered
774 Posts
tucsonridge said:
Heinrich, the rattles started right around 500mi.

As a side note, I've NEVER even hinted that I've got a lemon. I really dig this truck, it's an awesome product that I hope to have for a long time. I realized that a new-introduction into the market would have bugs (we're beta-testers all the way). This forum is a great place to help develop this truck.

Well said Tucsonridge. I have 700 miles on my RL with no dashboard rattles. My steering wheel is the primary annoyance on my truck.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have the fix......borrow my wifes F250 HD tow package Disel for a day and then jump back in your RL..LOL......boo hoo, I want my Ridge back.

Sorry its not a fix but it will make you feel a whole lot better about your truck.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Funny story....

I have been so hyper-sensitive to all of the noises that we have been talking about that the other day when I was driving around I heard this HORRIBLE squeal and my first thought was "Oh crap now what!" :eek: Then it dawned on me to look around and sure enough there was a old rust bucket car next to me probably never replaced a belt in the life of the car.

Needless to say I had a good laugh and drove home happy about my RL, wind noise and all.

·
Registered
53 Posts
mayfielh said:
Funny story....

I have been so hyper-sensitive to all of the noises that we have been talking about that the other day when I was driving around I heard this HORRIBLE squeal and my first thought was "Oh crap now what!" :eek: Then it dawned on me to look around and sure enough there was a old rust bucket car next to me probably never replaced a belt in the life of the car.

Needless to say I had a good laugh and drove home happy about my RL, wind noise and all.
Yes Yes and yes my truck has the noises. But I'm lovin it to This truck is awesome, put my first coat of wax on it yesterday. The paint is beautiful. I got a thumbs up on the road today from a lady with kids driving a civic hybrid.
Put my entire family in it and visited with my mother. What a ride.
I will pass on as much info as I can, so we all will benefit. RRPRTS

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
post some pics plz.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I thought my dashboard was rattling over the worst pot holes until I discovered my wife threw some loose change in the thing marked "not an ashtray". I gave her a mild scoldiing and showed her the change holder. She called me anal retentive and showed me her middle finger! (All in good fun)

·
Registered
491 Posts
wow...I got scared for a minute when I read your post...I was reading it quickly and saw anal, finger and showed, which almost looked like shoved....I was going to say what a bitch!!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
No, she's quite sweet actually.

·
Registered
297 Posts
steveberger said:
No, she's quite sweet actually.
Women are, of course, put on this earth to make sure we men don't have too much fun! ;)

L

·
0 Posts
"Anal shoving"? Is that a man sport???? :D
And...Mr. Laserfan, I beg to differ with you.
Women are put on this earth to make sure you guys don't screw things up.
Please read on.....

An old Indian chief sat in his hut on the reservation, smoking a ceremonial pipe and eyeing two government officials sent to interview him.

"Chief Two Eagles," asked one official, "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You have seen his wars and his material wealth. You have seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued, "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The chief stared at the government officials for over a minute and then calmly replied, "When white man found the land, Indians were running it. No taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, women did all the work, medicine man free, Indian man spent all day hunting and fishing, all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled, "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Trying to be funny, eh? How about this one:

Sally was driving home from one of her business trips in Northern Arizona when she saw an elderly Navajo woman walking on the side of the road. As the trip was a long and quiet one, she stopped the car and asked the Navajo woman if she would like a ride.

With a silent nod of thanks, the woman got into the car.

Resuming the journey, Sally tried in vain to make a bit of small talk with the Navajo woman. The old woman just sat silently, looking intently at everything she saw, studying every little detail, until she noticed a brown bag on the seat next to Sally.

"What's in the bag?" asked the old woman.

Sally looked down at the brown bag and said, "Oh, It's a bottle of wine. I got it for my husband."

The Navajo woman was silent for another moment or two.

Then speaking with the quiet wisdom of an elder, she said, "Good trade."

1 - 20 of 27 Posts