Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heads-up for those of you with this problem... :D
I took my Ridge in this past Saturday for my first service and asked them to look at a couple little nagging issues I had. As soon as I asked the writer to look at my dash speaker covers since they vibrate when I go over bumps he informed me that there is a Service bulletin on this. They will order in the parts and call to schedule an appointment when they come in. He was talking about replacing the grills AND speakers.
In addition, he volunteered information regarding the windshield noise TSB as well (we're all over this one here at the ROC), telling me that it may develop over time and to listen for it. He also went into detail regarding the culprit being the gasket and the fact that you'll here this noise particularly in cross-winds.
I'll fill you in on details when available regarding the speaker cover vibration.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
529 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. We are definitely on the lookout for leaks, windshield noise and now vibrations. Sounds like you have a pretty knowledgable service advisor. Makes all the difference in the world.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
I heard the speaker dash noise for the first time on Friday. It was on the driver's side top of the dash under the windshield .I went crazy trying to find it while I was driving. It finally stopped. I've got the infamous wind-whistle too. I'm glad Honda's aware of it.I had the truck into the dealer last Wed. for the "bunching up" leather on the front seat. The Honda rep had the service dept. stretch the leather tighter and called me to pick it up. It was back to it's crappy looking state the very next day. Went back the next day to say that their job should have lasted more than 24 hrs. Bill the service mgr. agreed and didn't think it would hold, but they apparently must have to listen to the Honda rep first. NOW he'll order a new leather seat cover.What a tremendous waste of my time. They did do a good job replacing the rubber moulding that had worn away as you enter the driver's side.
Anybody receive the Honda warranty extension notice we were to get in August? I'm still waiting for mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
460 Posts
jch said:
Heads-up for those of you with this problem... :D
I took my Ridge in this past Saturday for my first service and asked them to look at a couple little nagging issues I had. As soon as I asked the writer to look at my dash speaker covers since they vibrate when I go over bumps he informed me that there is a Service bulletin on this. They will order in the parts and call to schedule an appointment when they come in. He was talking about replacing the grills AND speakers.
In addition, he volunteered information regarding the windshield noise TSB as well (we're all over this one here at the ROC), telling me that it may develop over time and to listen for it. He also went into detail regarding the culprit being the gasket and the fact that you'll here this noise particularly in cross-winds.
I'll fill you in on details when available regarding the speaker cover vibration.
thanks for the post jch, i have both issues and now feel better about taking the rl in for service. could you possibly get the TSB numbers so that we can give to service depts that we have to go to?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
774 Posts
I agree- the TSB #'s are a big help. Keep in mind that the typical Honda service department hasn't seen a bunch of Ridgelines coming through their shop. For example, when I took my truck in for the creeking steering wheel, the service writer had no idea there was a TSB issued for this problem. Being able to include this number on the work order should help get the problems resolved.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As soon as I get the call to bring the Ridge in for the service I will post the TSB number.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
After reading most of the posts here, particularly in regards to minor problems and water leaks, I am having some suspicions about my truck. As I have stated in another post, my truck is serial number 00092, built in January of 2005 and purchased by me April 7/05. It appears I have one of the first 100 trucks built and stored for 3 months. I have NO PROBLEMS. Having said that,Sunday past, I was giving the interior a thorough cleaning. You know, one of those where you break out the toothbrush,Q-Tips and really clean out every nook and cranny. I was amazed to notice in out of sight areas that it appeared that screws and screw covers had been removed and reinstalled. You know how when you remove a screw you sometimes get a litle metal filing or when you remove a plastic cover you get a little plastic deformation.
I like to think that the first 100 Ridgelines were guinea pigs for problems that showed up on the assembly line and were fixed. Maybe I have a handbuilt Ridge!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I receive a message on my answering machine from the service department saying my door speakers are in. When I called the service writer said, "we just ordered all new speakers and the door speakers are the only ones we have in so far." WHAT?!!!!!!!!!! I feel like anyone who you should be able to count on as having their $h%t together turns out to be a real nitwit!! For starters, I replaced my door speakers with Infinity's (which they won't touch) and second THE DASH SPEAKER COVERS ARE WHAT ARE RATTLING! I asked about the TSB and the writer said actually something in the "A" pillars rattling is the TSB. AGAIN...WHAT?!!! I'll update you if I find any signs of intelligent life at this dealership and am able to communicate enough to get specifics on this TSB.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BamaRidge said:
I think that A pillar TSB your guy was talking about is the Wind Noise TSB.
Actually, he was telling me about the wind noise TSB when I was in for my service as a separate issue. I swear, getting my first service there was like being offered a flight to the moon only to find out after blastoff that there is a chimp at the helm!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
On the vibration on the dash speaker what did Honda do? I really don't like people to mess with too many things because I don't want them to brake anything else...
But will the dealer really fix the problem?

I have not had any real issues with the Ridgeline. I love this little truck.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ENFORCER said:
On the vibration on the dash speaker what did Honda do? I really don't like people to mess with too many things because I don't want them to brake anything else...
But will the dealer really fix the problem?

I have not had any real issues with the Ridgeline. I love this little truck.:)
I haven't taken the truck back for the TSB yet. I was complaining about the vibration when I took the Ridge in for the first service. I'm thinking about solving the problem myself, after hearing about them ordering all new speakers and the writer telling me the TSB is in the "A" pillar. if I can stop the vibration by placing 1 finger on the speaker cover...it ain't "rocket science" to fix!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
460 Posts
jch said:
I receive a message on my answering machine from the service department saying my door speakers are in. When I called the service writer said, "we just ordered all new speakers and the door speakers are the only ones we have in so far." WHAT?!!!!!!!!!! I feel like anyone who you should be able to count on as having their $h%t together turns out to be a real nitwit!! For starters, I replaced my door speakers with Infinity's (which they won't touch) and second THE DASH SPEAKER COVERS ARE WHAT ARE RATTLING! I asked about the TSB and the writer said actually something in the "A" pillars rattling is the TSB. AGAIN...WHAT?!!! I'll update you if I find any signs of intelligent life at this dealership and am able to communicate enough to get specifics on this TSB.
Holy cow jch...............man, be careful...........they are headed in the wrong directions..... :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
ENFORCER said:
On the vibration on the dash speaker what did Honda do? I really don't like people to mess with too many things because I don't want them to brake anything else...
But will the dealer really fix the problem?

I have not had any real issues with the Ridgeline. I love this little truck.:)
My local dealer fixed this problem very easily back in early June with some foam tape/pads. Happily, I haven't hear a noise since.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
my dealer did the same today. I'll reserve judgement until I can actually hear it with my own ears rather than taking their word for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,170 Posts
It is not uncommon for Honda to have loose A-pillars. My Civic has this problem, I know a few accord drivers who have also had this problem. And there is a TSB out for each. Usually it is just putting foam tape inside and resealing the noisy thing. I haven't taken the Civic in to have the second pillar fixed, just the passenger side has been corrected so far. It tends to happen on warm dry days which don't happen often enough for me to worry about it.

It is interesting how many things in Hondas are fixed with a little foam tape. Perhaps they need to use more of the stuff in constructing the vehicle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Took my Ridge in yesterday to replace the passenger dash speaker. The dealer said bring it in by 2:00, we're open until 8:00. We've never done one before. Oh how comforting is that? Anyway, 2 hours later they called and said it's ready. Picked it up and we're good to go. Last night on the way to dinner, it started to vibrate again. Are you kidding me!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
I had squawked this earlier on a post, I thought the problem had gone away. The noise was quite hard to pin point and it was usualy quite faint. I had discribed it as sounding like nats hitting the windshield. I thought it had gone away but discovered it was temprature related and definitly coming from the right front dash speaker grill or dash panel next to it.
I did not pin point it until my fifteen and a half year old son started driving and I could sit on the passenger side and snoop for it.

I am taking my truck in for its 12K service on Saturday and I mentioned the noise to them and they will look at it then.

Thanks for the update as to the TSB.
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top