Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone mounted a dash video camera? Curious about wiring, location and specific camera model. Once received a potentially very expensive ticket for something I was not guilty of. Decided to fight it in court and to my surprise the State's attorney, after speaking with me and state trooper, withdrew the charges shortly before trial was set to begin. Despite winning, the experience made me realize how valuable a dash camera could be.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
In my Accord, I used one like this (mine is out of date now). I ended up using the capacitor model (non battery) which is supposed to tolerate heat better. If you don't care about having the camera enabled when you are parked, just plug it it into your lighter socket route under the dash and up through pillar and over to a mounting point by the camera in your mirror. These wedge cameras are difficult to spot when looking at the windshield from outside of the car. Instead of using the adhesive mount I just purchased some of the adhesive strips that are used for e-z pass and mounted them do the dimpled area by the mirror. It's easy to remove this way. I've had this in my Accord for about 6 months and it's decent. All I spent was for a sdhc card and the adhesive. I think I spend about 70 bucks for the camera. I don't anticipate it lasting too long.

Many have tapped into homelink area for power or added a fuse to the fuse block and hard wired. At least with a truck you could choose a camera that takes up more space with the mount but I have found that the wedge doesn't take up space.

With all of the cameras on today's cars it would be nice to have a dash cam option.

There is a lot of info out there to help you decide and install. Good luck.

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Box-Capacitor-GPS-Stealth/dp/B00TXR2P40/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1482498091&sr=8-4&keywords=wedge+dash+cam

1 - 2 of 2 Posts