Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my BE for a drive and it started beeping within half a block. I looked at the dash and it was cycling through warnings of stability failure, hill holding failure, road departure mitigation, etc.

Then it would not shut off with a single press of the start/stop button.
I have photos and a short video I'll post later.

The RL only has 1,250 miles on it. This isn't reassuring.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
starting to hear about this happening quite often recently. I think Honda should pay attention to this forum and get ahead of the issues.
I *think* the problem is a wire harness or a bad ground...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some photos and I'm trying to load a short video.

·
Registered
328 Posts
This is the third I've seen I believe. If memory serves me, all three have been on AWD models with the LKAS system. So RTL-E and BE's only. Anyone know otherwise? If it's indeed limited to the higher trims it'll solidify my choice with the RTL-T.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to be the mad scientist and redirect this old thread, but My 2019 BE with 3k miles on it, just did this today, any info on this since 2016?

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Sorry to be the mad scientist and redirect this old thread, but My 2019 BE with 3k miles on it, just did this today, any info on this since 2016?
Are you referring to the error pictured on post #3? If so...

Your 2019 Ridgeline is under warranty, take it in and have the dealer evaluate and fix this under warranty. Your Owners Manual (the 627 page PDF on the CD that came with your Ridgeline - or printed free if you ordered it within 3? months free after taking delivery) shows all the CMBS error messages on pages 88-89. For your particular error message (on page 88), it says "Have your vehicle checked by a dealer".

Some other CMBS error messages (such as on page 89), like I experienced (photo below) are possibly transient, meaning the system temporarily shut down due to the conditions listed on pages 498-499 (I experienced the below, while during driving thru 50 miles of winding/twisting/turning freeway construction while snowing, then this error message went away shortly thereafter).

However, your error message is one the dealer should resolve. CMBS is an expensive and critical safety component, so let the dealer find the cause(s) and fix this (free) under warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you referring to the error pictured on post #3? If so...

Your 2019 Ridgeline is under warranty, take it in and have the dealer evaluate and fix this under warranty. Your Owners Manual (the 627 page PDF on the CD that came with your Ridgeline - or printed free if you ordered it within 3? months free after taking delivery) shows all the CMBS error messages on pages 88-89. For your particular error message (on page 88), it says "Have your vehicle checked by a dealer".

Some other CMBS error messages (such as on page 89), like I experienced (photo below) are possibly transient, meaning the system temporarily shut down due to the conditions listed on pages 498-499 (I experienced the below, while during driving thru 50 miles of winding/twisting/turning freeway construction while snowing, then this error message went away shortly thereafter).

However, your error message is one the dealer should resolve. CMBS is an expensive and critical safety component, so let the dealer find the cause(s) and fix this (free) under warranty. View attachment 398601
Thank you for the reply. The truck is three months old so yes it has a warranty and I am taking it in to get checked out.

update:
I was driving at a steady speed in a straight line and they all came on. Then I had to use a double tap to shut the truck off let it sit for 30 min and tried it again (dealers recommendation as I was in the woods not near a city). All the lights came back on, but after 20 minutes of driving in the slow lane (truck felt completely normal) the AWD light and warning message disappeared. We too another break 1/2 hour later and it only took one push of the start stop button to shut the truck off. The truck sat for 40 minutes this time. It started normally with all the light still on except for the AWD light. I then started driving home (another 2 hours). About 30 or so min into the drive the lights all turned off and all systems seemed to work again. Got home fine with LKAS and Smart cruise on the rest of the time without issue. Got home shut it down and let it sit for and hour. It started up completely normally.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts