Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dayco vs Honda Timing Belt

Would you install a dayco kit (Timing Belt, Water Pump, Tensioner, and cam seals) instead of a Honda one? I work at a parts store and can get a really good deal on the Dayco Kit. Chances are Honda doesn't manufacture their own belts anyway lol

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
No one is saying the Honda kit is the best, but in general I would want to put my money on a well known name brand.
Some Honda dealers are giving good deals for around $700 even less. That would be my first choice. Otherwise I would seek out a component mechanic (if not DIY) and see if he would let you buy the kit.

I would probably go with Gates. They are known for quality belts, hoses, etc. and make full TB kits.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I don't know that I'd have an issue with a Dayco belt or kit, however I prefer Goodyear or Gates for belts.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,269 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I don't know that I'd have an issue with a Dayco belt or kit, however I prefer Goodyear or Gates for belts.
^^^^^^
ditto confidence in Gate & Goodyear. But I also respect the OEM sources, which includes Mitsuboshi; which is what I used for my own TB replacement.

Dayco, not so much.... no particular bad experience..... just that I have had good experience with the others. 'Don't really know much about Dayco. That's enough to rule them out in my book (for critical components anyway).

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
It is a critical job you might only do only one time in your ownership. I would not skimp on the parts which are really a small part of the total cost in terms of dollars and time spent if you are doing it yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts