Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed on a post by Speedlever regarding fusebox (OP had battery drain problem) that there is a fuse for Daytime Running Lights (DRL), but it's labeled *for Canadian models only.
So, I am assuming that Canadian RLs have DRLs? And to that I'm wondering if there are any differences in harness wiring, etc.; or if they just leave this fuse out on American (& other) models to disable the DRLs. Does anyone know the specifics of how these are different?
And similarly, are there any other differences between American & Canadian RLs? I had assumed up to this point that they are identical trucks.
Please make me smarter in this regard.
Thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
My 2014 Ridgeline RTL has daytime running lights and I live deep in the USA.
I don't like daytime running lights, but these are tolerable.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As does my American 2012.
So does anyone know; Did that happen with the 2009 revisions???

And back to the original question regarding 2006-2008; are American & Canadian vehicles the same? (it sounds like the newer ones are)

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,489 Posts
I know this thread is super old, but I've recently learned the answer to this question, through my efforts to update the Wikipedia page on our RL, and "yes" there are different trim packages between the US and Canadian RLs. DRLs have been required in Canada for some time; so the original 2006 version for the Canadian market had them. The US versions did not get DRLs until the 2009 model year.

Here's a quick rundown on the Canadian trim levels that I've learned about:
  • 2006-2008 = LX and EX-L (with or without moonroof & navi.)
  • 2009-2011 = DX (replaced the LX), VP and EX-L (with or without moonroof & navi.)
  • 2012-2013 = DX, Sport, VP and Touring (with or without moonroof & navi.) (replaced the EX-L)
  • 2014 = DX, Sport, VP, Special Edition and Touring (with or without moonroof & navi.)

Here's what I wrote about the Canadian versions of the RL comparing it to the US:

"For the Canadian market, the Ridgeline was produced in seven different trim levels through its lifetime: LX, DX, Sport, VP, EX-L, Special Edition and Touring. The LX and DX were the base trim packages, similar to the RT. The Canadian Sport trim was similar to the US Sport while the VP trim was similar to the RTS. The EX-L and Touring trims were similar to the RTL with one notable exception; a moonroof was only available with the EX-L and Touring models when ordered with the GPS navigation option whereas the US's RTL can with a moonroof as standard equipment. The Special Edition model was similar to the SE, but was not as well equipped for it lacked the moonroof, 115V AC, dual-zone climate, navigation, Homelink® and security system found in the SE. This made the Touring trim the top of the line Honda Ridgeline for Canadian buyers. Although there were differences between the US and Canadian trim packages, the technical difference were the use of metric system gauges, daytime running lights on all models since 2006 --not available on US models until the 2009 model year-- and Honda's bilingual (English and French) voice recognition system."

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline EX-L Canadian
1,601 Posts
I know this thread is super old, but I've recently learned the answer to this question, through my efforts to update the Wikipedia page on our RL, and "yes" there are different trim packages between the US and Canadian RLs. DRLs have been required in Canada for some time; so the original 2006 version for the Canadian market had them. The US versions did not get DRLs until the 2009 model year.

Here's a quick rundown on the Canadian trim levels that I've learned about:
  • 2006-2008 = LX and EX-L (with or without moonroof & navi.)
  • 2009-2011 = DX (replaced the LX), VP and EX-L (with or without moonroof & navi.)
  • 2012-2013 = DX, Sport, VP and Touring (with or without moonroof & navi.) (replaced the EX-L)
  • 2014 = DX, Sport, VP, Special Edition and Touring (with or without moonroof & navi.)

Here's what I wrote about the Canadian versions of the RL comparing it to the US:

"For the Canadian market, the Ridgeline was produced in seven different trim levels through its lifetime: LX, DX, Sport, VP, EX-L, Special Edition and Touring. The LX and DX were the base trim packages, similar to the RT. The Canadian Sport trim was similar to the US Sport while the VP trim was similar to the RTS. The EX-L and Touring trims were similar to the RTL with one notable exception; a moonroof was only available with the EX-L and Touring models when ordered with the GPS navigation option whereas the US's RTL can with a moonroof as standard equipment. The Special Edition model was similar to the SE, but was not as well equipped for it lacked the moonroof, 115V AC, dual-zone climate, navigation, Homelink® and security system found in the SE. This made the Touring trim the top of the line Honda Ridgeline for Canadian buyers. Although there were differences between the US and Canadian trim packages, the technical difference were the use of metric system gauges, daytime running lights on all models since 2006 --not available on US models until the 2009 model year-- and Honda's bilingual (English and French) voice recognition system."
I think the Canadian VP was droped in the 2014 model.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
I think the Canadian VP was droped in the 2014 model.
You could be right for although the VP trim is mentioned in the 2014 Owner's Manual, the SE/Special Edition is not; this suggests an error in trim level information. Do you have a good/reliable source I could use to update the Wikipedia page with the correct information?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
You could be right for although the VP trim is mentioned in the 2014 Owner's Manual, the SE/Special Edition is not; this suggests an error in trim level information. Do you have a good/reliable source I could use to update the Wikipedia page with the correct information?
Not sure how reliable this is but I traded in my 2010 VP for a 2014 SE. The dealer told me they don't make the VP anymore for 2014 so I picked the SE trim instead. But you never know how reliable dealers can be. In this case, i'm almost 100% certain that it did not exist as if I recall Honda Canada website trims offered for the 2014 Ridgeline did not include the VP.

The Canadian version SE is a lot different that the US version. It's bacically an RTS with leather and Pilot 18" wheels with the US SE Sport Grill. No moon roof or Navi or upgrade audio or dual climate zone or bluetooth.

I'm not even sure they even offered a DX trim in Canadian 2014 models. I believe they only offered the Sport, SE and Touring. Canadian Touring all come with Moonroof and Navi in 2014 and 2013. I think EX-L was dropped in 2013. That would make the 2012 the last year offered. All EX-L 2009-2012 had moonroofs. Navi was optional.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Not sure how reliable this is but I traded in my 2010 VP for a 2014 SE. The dealer told me they don't make the VP anymore for 2014 so I picked the SE trim instead. But you never know how reliable dealers can be. In this case, i'm almost 100% certain that it did not exist as if I recall Honda Canada website trims offered for the 2014 Ridgeline did not include the VP.

The Canadian version SE is a lot different that the US version. It's bacically an RTS with leather and Pilot 18" wheels with the US SE Sport Grill. No moon roof or Navi or upgrade audio or dual climate zone or bluetooth.
You're absolutely right! Look at what I found:
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Go ROC!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
... I think EX-L was dropped in 2013. That would make the 2012 the last year offered...
Again, thanks for the help jonesbb630.

I found a Honda of Canada press release about their 2012 Ridgeline lineup and it mentions, for the first time, the Touring trim package (http://www.hondanews.ca/en/news/rel...ew-Sport-Model-More-Style-and-Fuel-Efficiency), which matches the 2012 Owner's Manual information. So I'm going to stick with the EX-L trim ending in 2011 until I can find some Honda specific information to the contrary.

Please let me know if you come across any Honda 2011/2012 Ridgeline model information that may help.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Again, thanks for the help jonesbb630.

I found a Honda of Canada press release about their 2012 Ridgeline lineup and it mentions, for the first time, the Touring trim package (http://www.hondanews.ca/en/news/rel...ew-Sport-Model-More-Style-and-Fuel-Efficiency), which matches the 2012 Owner's Manual information. So I'm going to stick with the EX-L trim ending in 2011 until I can find some Honda specific information to the contrary.

Please let me know if you come across any Honda 2011/2012 Ridgeline model information that may help.
Sounds like you heve your angles covered.

Cheers...

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
... Canadian Touring all come with Moonroof and Navi in 2014 and 2013. I think EX-L was dropped in 2013. That would make the 2012 the last year offered. All EX-L 2009-2012 had moonroofs. Navi was optional.
Update: You were right again jonesbb630. I finally found some Canadian brochures on the Ridgeline from 2008 through 2014 and the 2008 EX-L had the moonroof as optional equipment until 2009 when it became standard equipment; that is, until the Touring trim took over in 2012 and made both the moonroof and navi standard equipment.

Any chance you know where I can get my "digital hands" on some 2006 and/or 2007 Canadian brochures on the Ridgeline? It would help me verify some trim and color options for those model years in Canada.

Thanks again for the help jonesbb630. You're information has helped my effort to make the Wikipedia page on our Ridgeline more inclusive and accurate.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts