Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the easiest way to replace daytime running light bulbs?

Thank you ahead time of your assistance.

Sincerely,
Mike

·
Super Moderator
12,575 Posts
Which model are you referring to?

The 2006-2008 US Ridgeline didn't have DRLs. The 2006-2008 Canadian Ridgeline used the high beam headlights as DRLs. All 2009-2014 models had separate DRLs on the lower bumper.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Which model are you referring to?

The 2006-2008 US Ridgeline didn't have DRLs. The 2006-2008 Canadian Ridgeline used the high beam headlights as DRLs. All 2009-2014 models had separate DRLs on the lower bumper.
I installed led headlights on my canadian 2007 and they flicker. Does any one know if they vary the voltage to the high beam to use for daytime running lights?
wiring diagram?? I read that some are saying the headlights are in series, but i measured 12vdc

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
As you may have known, the DRLs are regular bulbs, but under-driven due to a lower voltage in the circuit that makes them dim and 'DRL' allowable.
Since you replaced them with LED bulbs that were NOT meant to run under 9 Volts (probably, check the product specs), they will flicker and possibly die soon.

Nothing is wrong with your circuits, your LED bulbs don't belong there.

·
Super Moderator
12,575 Posts
I installed led headlights on my canadian 2007 and they flicker. Does any one know if they vary the voltage to the high beam to use for daytime running lights?
wiring diagram?? I read that some are saying the headlights are in series, but i measured 12vdc
In this application, the DRL's operate the high beam filaments in series instead of using PWM.

anyone have a schematic?
https://www.autozone.com/repairguides/Ridgeline-2007-2008/Exterior-Lights-2007/Exterior-Lights-2007/_/P-0996b43f80e64bdb

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm revisiting this because I need new fog light bulbs & possibly new DRL bulbs. Some drunken numnutz crashed into my truck last October & busted the driver said headlight, bumper, hood, fender, inner fender, tire, & fog light. Unfortunately, the guy I took it to for repair was a hack. DRL constantly has an error, the fender liner wasn't secured so it tore & water got in to the fog lamp. He also didn't secure the tie rod, which I noticed almost immediately after I started driving away (but the dude had closed shop & split & wouldn't answer my calls). I talked to the guy who recommended him to me & he said he could fix things, but I think he will charge for it. So, I need to know how to fix the error saying DRL are not working (Honda dealership said something about the wiring harness but refused to touch it bc insurance wouldn't cover it). I think you can access the DRLs from under the hood, but the Honda dealer said something about pulling the bumper for the wiring harness. I believe the fog lamp can be accessed from behind the fender liner. I'm currently trying to figure out what the part numbers are for the lights. I found a website that listed the following: DRL is 9005, fog light is H11, main headlight is 9003, turn signal bulbs 3157. But I get conflicting info on oreillys, autozone, & amazon.
This one says it is a headlight not fog light: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H6NZ7D8/ref=psdc_15736451_t2_B07SH4J2YH but I'm wondering if its any good. I'm trying to find something with a good warranty. Most of them have no warranty listed or only 1yr. This one looks like it has 3yrs.
Are there any full kits that have all of the front lights so I can just upgrade them all at once?
Any recommendations?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Has anyone changed the DRL lights? I think mine went bad as I get the DRL warning on the control panel, please let me know if they are easy to change or if I have to take all the bumper off.

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Has anyone changed the DRL lights? I think mine went bad as I get the DRL warning on the control panel, please let me know if they are easy to change or if I have to take all the bumper off.
You can remove the screws and clips on the bottom of the wheel well liner and the one that holds it to the bumper (@ the 3 O'clock on pass side and the 9 O'Clock on DR side) and access the bulb that way. I am still on OEM bulbs for the last 230K+ miles. Ensure that you only blew out the bulb, and the wiring is intact.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You can remove the screws and clips on the bottom of the wheel well liner and the one that holds it to the bumper (@ the 3 O'clock on pass side and the 9 O'Clock on DR side) and access the bulb that way. I am still on OEM bulbs for the last 230K+ miles. Ensure that you only blew out the bulb, and the wiring is intact.
Thank you very much

1 - 15 of 15 Posts