Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the timing belt water pump head gasket and some other maintenance done about a month ago . I was bringing my truck to get my cats replaced because they were damaged from the back firing before the head gasket work and thought it was time to replace them . I didn't even get to the shop hit the gas from a red light got a pow boom and smoke coming out of everywhere .i think I'll just cut my loses and try to find a rtl ... check the yard sale I'll be parting her out

·
Super Moderator
5,334 Posts
Just had the timing belt water pump head gasket and some other maintenance done about a month ago . I was bringing my truck to get my cats replaced because they were damaged from the back firing before the head gasket work and thought it was time to replace them . I didn't even get to the shop hit the gas from a red light got a pow boom and smoke coming out of everywhere .i think I'll just cut my loses and try to find a rtl ... check the yard sale I'll be parting her out
Did you get your work done at the dealer or an independent shop?

Just to go along with that, here are three videos where the owner took her RL in for a timing belt replacement at the local Honda dealer only to have it run rough afterward. She took it to an independent shop and they found the #4 valve to be bent. Probably happened on the timing belt install. Honda wanted her to get a new engine.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
That's Terrible, Do you know what happened?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts