Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mud guards should run you less than $100 from Honda. Mine cost $98 including tax and shipping from Bernardi Honda.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I hate when dealers add anything on to a vehicle, it's a forced spending, money grabbing, dealer manipulated pile of crap.

But with that said, in regards to the mud guards, they actually do make a big difference, I think they should come standard on the Ridgeline, and if you want to take them off, so be it, but they do stop a lot of splatter on the sides.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
144 Posts
I had a co-worker that quit and went to a sales job for one of the largest dealers in the state of Ohio. They sold almost every brand of car, 24 hr service, 7 days a week! In case you wonder about the sales meetings, simply put- they get together and have seminars on how to screw a customer out of the most money. They actually have classes on how to "read" a buyer, play the $XXX a month game, lowball your trade, and wear you down for hours trying to get you to agree to a price, they have tons of options. Then the finance guy works even harder to get extended warranties, higher finance rates, from which they get a kickback from the lender. That's why the internet car sales are what a lot of younger people go for, they can't do math--my finance guy tried to hook me on a extended warranty, service, and gap coverage----for only $4600---I said no thank you!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Guess some don’t know how to say..........NO. Maybe it’s the kinder gentler PC world we live in......its NO.......they push NO FFFin way.

Every dealer and every deal is going to involve accessories, financing, extended warrant, paint and fabric protection, wheel and tire protection ............you simply say.........NO

If its already on the vehicle........you say.........NO........as few other posts mention they will not kill the deal over locking lug nuts or “paint protection”.

This goes on in every high dollar purchase......try to $4000 refrigerator, $2000 TV at Best Buy or $1800 washer dryer set at Home Depot or Menards ........the extra warranty guy is going to be there with is the sales pitch. Go to the John Deere dealer and buy a $24k compact tractor same pitch.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Speaking of B.S. extended warranties, I was at Best Buy, I needed something stupid for my computer, it was like a cable or a mouse, I don't remember but whatever it was the cost was like 14 bucks and the guy actually asked if I wanted to buy an extended warranty for like 4 bucks.
I don't even have words for this crap

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
144 Posts
I walked out on a Ram one time, the finance man pleaded with me to get a X warranty. I said for free I'd take it, he laughed. Then I said, "if you aren't that sure it's a quality made truck, you just convinced me I shouldn't buy it " I left, and my phone rang off the hook for two days.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I got my wheel locks for free because I was quoted a price over the internet without them and the dealership stuck to the price. I didn't even have to ask or argue; when I got there the guy told me they were on the vehicle and they wouldn't charge me for them.

And in California any dealer add-on at the time of sale will cost your for ever in higher license fees, so if you buy the truck and then add anything afterward you can save a little money.

And undercoating is probably one of the worst scams. Don't most vehicles come treated anyway? And I've read about improperly applied undercoating that blocked drainage and trapped water that then caused rust problems.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Last vehicle I purchased the sales member insisted on a phone number. So I gave him my google voice number that just goes to voice mail and told him I don't want any phone calls, I'll call you if I decide to buy. I use it to determine if someone can follow simple directions. I lost count of how many voice mail messages they left on google voice.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E, Pacific Pewter
53 Posts
Buying my RL was the best car buying experience I’ve had.

Contacted the dealer over the internet, told them the three I was interested in and was given a reasonable price. When I got there one had $3K in PIO’s and a higher price than quoted.

Told the salesman it was off the list. He showed me the inventory sheet and I saw the next one and several others had been on the lot for almost 6 months. The salesman said well, the price dropped another $1300 since I first contacted him, which brought it below my “buy” price.

Got in, decided to buy, and because it was also a “no haggle” dealership just filled out paperwork. They even bought lunch for us because I’m diabetic and the finance guys were going slow. They did go low on my trade, so I took it to CarMax and got more than I expected there too.

~15% off MSRP, no haggle, no add-on nonsense, and lunch! Last day of Feb, as ‘21’s were just arriving must have been a perfect storm.

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTL Truxxx liftkit tailgate lock, brushguard, rear door hack hood struts horns done
9 Posts
Buying my RL was the best car buying experience I’ve had.

Contacted the dealer over the internet, told them the three I was interested in and was given a reasonable price. When I got there one had $3K in PIO’s and a higher price than quoted.

Told the salesman it was off the list. He showed me the inventory sheet and I saw the next one and several others had been on the lot for almost 6 months. The salesman said well, the price dropped another $1300 since I first contacted him, which brought it below my “buy” price.

Got in, decided to buy, and because it was also a “no haggle” dealership just filled out paperwork. They even bought lunch for us because I’m diabetic and the finance guys were going slow. They did go low on my trade, so I took it to CarMax and got more than I expected there too.

~15% off MSRP, no haggle, no add-on nonsense, and lunch! Last day of Feb, as ‘21’s were just arriving must have been a perfect storm.

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTL Truxxx liftkit tailgate lock, brushguard, rear door hack hood struts horns done
9 Posts
I bought my 2017 RTL-L by going online to Honda, and put exactly what I wanted, color, options, etc. I got the price, including the $902 Honda delivery cost added to it. I then started sending out emails to Honda dealers telling them what I wanted and how much I was going to spend. The first dealer said “you didn‘t include labor” for the options. I said Honda said that was the price, nothing about labor. Then they came back saying well you forgot taxes and documentation. I said that was included in what I was going to spend, they said well we can’t sell it for that amount. The 3rd dealer, Arrowhead Honda, agreed and said when do you want to order it? They kept me advised as to when the truck was being built, when it was finished and when it was shipped. A month after I ordered it they called to tell me to pick it up. Their finance guy tried some stuff. I told him just stop, I already had financing completed through my base credit union. Arrowhead was the best experience I have had.

2017 RTL-L, with running boards, tonneau cover, 1.5“ Truxxx front lift, hood struts, tailgate lock, rear door hack and front stainless steel brush guard,

21 - 31 of 31 Posts