Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been waiting for over a month to get my Ridgeline. It was due to arrive at the dealer between 10/22 and 10/26. We sold my wife's car last week and she has taken over my Element so that leaves me bumming rides to get to work.

I got a call from the dealer yesterday and he said, "I have some good news, some bad news, and some other news."

I asked for the good news first: "Your Ridgeline came in, early too!"

Ok, how about the bad news: "It has at least $3500 damage from shipping."

How about the rest of the news: "we have a lead on one to replace it."

An hour or so later he called me back and said, "We had someone bail out on one they ordered, same color and options, build date of late September and it will be here when you come in Monday."

So after all that drama, heartburn, nausea, etc and everything worked out in the end. The VIN of the damaged one is 2HJYK16536H544997 so watch out for it, I'll try to get pictures of it on Monday when we go in, hopefully it will still be around.

·
Registered
201 Posts
$3500 damage from shipping that's insane!

But congrats on the Ridge, fill us in next week on your first impressions.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Great story and great color choice.:D

Glad everything worked out in the end.

L

·
0 Posts
Just goes to show you it was meant to be for you to own a Ridgeline.
Congrats.
:)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Congrats on your vehicle being so close, too bad on the first one. Where in MA did you get your truck? I am assuming you are planning on driving across country in your new truck, it will certainly be a comfortable ride. I did MA to FL and it was great, I know MA to WA is a little further but it should still be nice, at least if you get out there before it really starts snowing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I'm a convert from the EOC ;) but the we aren't getting rid of the Element so I still visit them once in a while.

It's coming from a dealer closer to the coast and I live in Western, MA so we have a bit of a ride to pick it up, they met my price so it's worth the trip.

We are planning on taking it cross country this coming summer, the Element will be transported but we will be hauling the 2 kayaks, ATV and dog in the Ridge. The plan is to stop and visit friends along the way and enjoy the adventure a bit before the new jobs and everything else gets crazy.

The dealer updated me this morning, the new one was built 9/26 so the auto unlock thing should work and it has the new version of the NAV DVD in the drive. He also said the original one should still be there on monday when we go in to do the paperwork, I'll grab some photos so you all can check it out. He estimated $3500, we'll see if he was over reacting or not. We will be closing the deal before the 31st but if this was delayed again the sale would end up on November for him, I think that's why he pushed so hard to get a replacement so fast :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts