Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

dealer gave me wrong ridgeline

4K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  mike kennedy 
#1 ·
At this this it is 7.00pm and in 30 minutes i'll be going to my dealer because i was just informed this morning that for 2 months I have been driving the wrong truck. It seems that when they sent my truck to get wash and ready someone grabbed the wrong keys so not only is this truck not registered but not insured. I be back to let people know what happened

#2 ·
Wow! That's completely messed up. Nice goin', there, dealership. Presumably this also means some stranger has been driving your truck for 2 months... and who knows how they've been driving it, or what they've been doing to it... or in it... ew... that's kinda gross. OK, I'll stop now. Sorry about your troubles. :(

#3 ·
That is unbelievable. How long did you have it before this switcheroo happened? Both trucks had to be spotless and empty inside too for you not to notice any strange stuff or miss any of your stuff. I guess you might want to do something to it to individualize it so it will never happen again. Oh, that made me think, have to added anything to someone's else's truck while you've been driving it? Have they modded yours? This is some stange event. Tell us more.

#4 ·
:rolleyes: I think he is talking about the time he took the delivery of new Ridgeline.they washed and preped 2 trucks but switched keys by mistake:mad: easy to happen with same colour and trim but what a bummer:rolleyes: sorry to hear,

#7 ·
Ouch! I don't like it when I get the worng pizza. Can't imagine the wrong car. Sorry to hear about the mix up.

#12 ·
Where you just picking it up for the first time or you've had it and took it in for service or something. I could see the first happening. But still, big screw up on the dealer. You need to get something out of the deal. Think hard, what accessory do you want.

#19 ·
I want more information on this, how in the world do you end up with the wrong truck? Now while it is definitely the dealership's fault, there is a level of blame to go around, you didn't check your VIN when you picked up the truck to make sure it matched the registration. But who does that? This is the craziest thing I have ever heard. Hopefully your truck has been on the lot and hasn't been out with someone else. It would likely be a lot of work to move the registration, insurance, and financing to the vehicle you have been driving.

#20 ·
ok here's what happened . went to the dealer to fix this , they basically said there were sorry for any inconveince and that I was going to keep this truck since the one that they mixed up with was to be sold . There going to fix my side step for free so that's cool . When asked what happened , all I was told was that the attendant grabbed the keys to the wrong truck . My salesman took blame for this and reassured me that my insurance was okay but the registation was off . If it wasn't well one , I wouldn't be responcible for any damages and they would have had a hell of a lawsuit on their hands for any personnel injuries .

#23 ·
jrsyplayers4life said:
ok here's what happened . went to the dealer to fix this , they basically said there were sorry for any inconveince and that I was going to keep this truck since the one that they mixed up with was to be sold . There going to fix my side step for free so that's cool . When asked what happened , all I was told was that the attendant grabbed the keys to the wrong truck . My salesman took blame for this and reassured me that my insurance was okay but the registation was off . If it wasn't well one , I wouldn't be responcible for any damages and they would have had a hell of a lawsuit on their hands for any personnel injuries .
The insurance company (mine, anyway) has your VIN number attached to the policy number. I would call them with the correct VIN number and make sure it's right. Chances are, you gave them the VIN from the truck you've been driving and you're OK.

#25 ·
swampler said:
The insurance company (mine, anyway) has your VIN number attached to the policy number. I would call them with the correct VIN number and make sure it's right. Chances are, you gave them the VIN from the truck you've been driving and you're OK.
Good point... I gave my insurance the VIN off of the paperwork from the dealer, not from the windshield (although I did check to make sure they matched first ;) ), but either way with this kind of mix-up his insurance would've covered him... pretty sure, anyway.

Glad to hear it's all sorted out! What a story!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.