Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week we received a mailer supposedly from the local dealer. The come-on is that my 2012 Ridgeline is in very high demand and they can offer me a very high trade-in value on it. They actually printed numbers on the flyer ($22,000 to $24,000 in that neighborhood).

OK so far, right?

The flyer was addressed to my wife. She does not own a Ridgeline and never has... she owns an Odyssey. She is not on the Rifgeline registration, or the loan. So how do you figure they decided to send that flyer to my wife?

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
The dealer most likely purchased a marketing file from a third party or contracted with a local direct marketing firm. Marketing files are usually an aggregation of several different databases, massaged for customers (like your dealer) to a specific target market. In this case, current RL owners.

The dealer (or direct marketing firm) sends out missives like yours in a ploy to get you to buy a new Honda vehicle. I get those all the time.

As you can see, the quality is not very good. But the dealer wants large numbers of prospects at a low unit cost. Accuracy is not a high priority, response rate is.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
This happens to us all the time. My wife gets offers to trade in her (my) S2000. Since she's not a fan of the S2K, well, you can see where that leads. LOL I've straightened it out multiple times, but it keeps getting messed up. Somehow, I'm never listed as owning her Fit.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,589 Posts
That's ok. We know who makes the decisions anyway. :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
I would prefer they not solicit me with "courtesy calls" or offers after I buy a vehicle.
It is a waste of their time.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
When dealing with dealers it's always "buyer beware".

I traded in my RL almost 2 weeks ago, its' new "internet price" is the same as my purchase price was 2 1/2 years earlier (from a Honda dealer), and that was a CPO purchase with about 2/5 the current miles.

My (then) purchase price: $22,400 + $500 dealer fees. Todays advertised internet price: $22,900, and as it's now at a Ford dealer there is no CPO warranty on it.

One more dealer warning to be aware of, on my trade ... both the new purchase price and the trade allowance were set, but the paperwork I signed reflected both numbers as being $2000 higher. Of course this didn't reflect any difference in my numbers but how convenient for the dealer to "show" a new potential purchaser what was they allowed on this trade-in. LIARS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts