Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe I read in one of the threads that Honda recently started a quiet rebate to dealers on the Ridgeline, and that this was published in the Wall Street Journal. Does anyone have any details on this (a link to website with details would be outstanding).

Thanks
Yukon

G

·
Yukon said:
I believe I read in one of the threads that Honda recently started a quiet rebate to dealers on the Ridgeline, and that this was published in the Wall Street Journal. Does anyone have any details on this (a link to website with details would be outstanding).

Thanks
Yukon
My experience with Honda tells me there will NEVER be a rebate. From what I am told there never has been. HOWEVER, we all know that things can change. If you hear anything more, please let us know. I am trying to talk Todd into us being a 2 Ridgey family and maybe this will help tip the scales. I mean anytime we go someowhere on weekends and in the evenings during the week we ALWAYS take Ridgena so I figure he should have one if his own to love and be proud of. Not that I mind sharing. :D

·
Registered
993 Posts
ladyridge said:
My experience with Honda tells me there will NEVER be a rebate. From what I am told there never has been. HOWEVER, we all know that things can change. If you hear anything more, please let us know. I am trying to talk Todd into us being a 2 Ridgey family and maybe this will help tip the scales. I mean anytime we go someowhere on weekends and in the evenings during the week we ALWAYS take Ridgena so I figure he should have one if his own to love and be proud of. Not that I mind sharing. :D
I wouldn't mind having 2 RLs, but haven you checked into the new 06 Civic Si. It's looking pretty performance oriented. People are getting really excited about it. 200 hp, 8000 rpm redline. It should be really sporty, especially the coupe. With your racing history, it might bring back the good times. It would also be tons cheaper than the RL.

·
Registered
774 Posts
ladyridge said:
We tried the 2 identical car thing when both my wife and I drove '04 Accords. Mine was a coupe while she has the sedan. After 1 year, I tired of what made the coupe different (6sp stick, navi) and traded it in on the Ridgeline. Best thing I ever did, at least in my car buying history.

Of course, here's the BIG question- would you get another SILVER RL or yield to another color :)

G

·
Ridge said:
I wouldn't mind having 2 RLs, but haven you checked into the new 06 Civic Si. It's looking pretty performance oriented. People are getting really excited about it. 200 hp, 8000 rpm redline. It should be really sporty, especially the coupe. With your racing history, it might bring back the good times. It would also be tons cheaper than the RL.
I did see it at the Auto Show this year Ridge...nice vehicle. But with 3 dogs, 3 kids and a guy who hauls around his skeet world in the back of a truck ( exploder for now ) I think we have to wait on the sporty coupe. I actually gave up the paper work for a S2K for Ridgena and I don't regret it one bit til I see a black S2K whizz by me then I do a little. :(
Thanks for the thought. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
"Mr. Kondo, the head of Honda's American operations, said the Big Three's price cuts had not affected sedan sales. He said this was because surging fuel costs were leading consumers to look not only at sticker prices but also gas mileage.

But Mr. Kondo said the price cuts had hurt sales of pickup trucks, a market Detroit has traditionally dominated.

For instance, he said sales of Honda's Ridgeline pickup truck would probably fall a few thousand vehicles short of its target of 50,000 this year. In response, Honda modestly increased rebates on the Ridgeline to $1,000 in mid-June, Mr. Kondo said. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/26/business/26toyota.html

G

·
Of course, here's the BIG question- would you get another SILVER RL or yield to another color :)[/QUOTE]
Wow..trying to make me think already?? It's Monday buddy!! ;)
Well...I have to admit, Todd likes the Silver too and having two of them in the drive just drives me wild. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, earthgolf, for the quote and link. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Yukon

·
Registered
15 Posts
No problem - good luck in your hunt for a Ridgeline. You can really find a deal on them if you look hard enough! I feel like I got a good one on my RTS.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There's a rebate to the dealer according to the NY Times article in the post by earthgolf on this thread. It's discussed about 2/3 of the way into the article.

·
Registered
579 Posts
earthgolf said:
"Mr. Kondo, the head of Honda's American operations, said the Big Three's price cuts had not affected sedan sales. He said this was because surging fuel costs were leading consumers to look not only at sticker prices but also gas mileage.

But Mr. Kondo said the price cuts had hurt sales of pickup trucks, a market Detroit has traditionally dominated.

For instance, he said sales of Honda's Ridgeline pickup truck would probably fall a few thousand vehicles short of its target of 50,000 this year. In response, Honda modestly increased rebates on the Ridgeline to $1,000 in mid-June, Mr. Kondo said. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/26/business/26toyota.html
So, I just got back from my local dealer. They say they're not getting the 1K back end money. They pulled out the dealer incentive sheet for me to see with my own two eyes. Of course, it may have been illustrated on another sheet.

Either way, I told them I'm looking for invoice plus about 8 accessories from the grill to mud flaps. I told them I had HandA's numbers on the accessories and asked them to quote me a number to install them if I bought them from HandA OR give me a decent number to buy them from them and let them install them.

They quoted no doc fee, but they did quote some $110 number for a lot boy or something to pull the plastic, etc., when the truck comes off the carrier. Stuff like putting in fuses etc.

What's everyone think? First about the 1K, is that still on? Second, how's my approach?

Getting close,

Embo_9

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hey All.

Does anyone know if the back end money is still in play?

Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Embo_9 said:
Hey All.

Does anyone know if the back end money is still in play?

Thanks.
Don't know if it's the back end money or what, but I remember seeing a couple of ads were in the local sunday paper (Philadelphia Inquirer) that had Ridgelines (RTS and a loaded RTL) at $3000 off of MSRP.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thanks gchu. Maybe I should move to Philly!

This encourages me to keep my eyes on the prize when it comes to the numbers. The dealer said if I was asking them to give it away I'd better be ready to sign right then. I was, but my lovely wife was out of town so I didn't want to make the deal without her and her signature. Besides, I don't REALLY think they'd sell it to me for invoice. Of course I am giving them the opportunity to sell me several add-on's like running boards, roof rack, grill, side molding, etc. At the same time I told them that I wanted a price with the the extras totally supplied by them and installed by them AND for just installation since I can buy them at HandA for a LOT cheaper. If they are smart, they'll give me invoice and won't mark up the extras the full amount and we'll have a deal. If they want to mark up the extras a ton, I'll just make them give me an installation only price, because I KNOW they won't just hand that over to me because they want both ends, and I'll buy the goods at HandA and have them install them.

If anyone else has any good ideas, I'm all ears.

Whew.

Sorry for the ramble. Thanks for the feedback on the money.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts