Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 2022 honda ridgeline was told it had parking sensors upon arriving home later at night noticed it did not have. Went back to current dealership early next morning address my concerns. Was told he misunderstood what i was asking and when i asked about returning it to get the rtl-e package he said a deal is a deal he couldn't do anything for me.so i went to another dealership to address the issue ending up getting the rtl-e package but the trade ended up costing me a additional 10,000 dollars. Do anyone feel like i have a case with honda to possibly getting this money refunded back to me. I had done what i thought was right and went back less then 24 hours later from the original purchase. And to be put in this situation is beyond my beliefs i trusted honda. Please reach out to me. God bless

·
Registered
3,358 Posts

I am curious of how much research the OP actually did on his own before, and during, making this purchase? :unsure: Sounds like to me there was ample "misunderstanding" on both sides? :(

You actually paid an additional $10,000 dollars just to get parking sensors? :unsure:

Bill

·
Registered
400 Posts
The only way you would have to give back your new car to the dealership is: The dealer sold you a RTL and you drove off with a RTL-E via a dealers mistake. It happen to my brother at a Chevy dealership years ago. Anything the salesman says is not always correct so doing research is paramount .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Purchased a 2022 honda ridgeline was told it had parking sensors upon arriving home later at night noticed it did not have. Went back to current dealership early next morning address my concerns. Was told he misunderstood what i was asking and when i asked about returning it to get the rtl-e package he said a deal is a deal he couldn't do anything for me.so i went to another dealership to address the issue ending up getting the rtl-e package but the trade ended up costing me a additional 10,000 dollars. Do anyone feel like i have a case with honda to possibly getting this money refunded back to me. I had done what i thought was right and went back less then 24 hours later from the original purchase. And to be put in this situation is beyond my beliefs i trusted honda. Please reach out to me. God bless
So honda doesnt have a customer return guarantee. Even less then 24 hours old. Chevy aint like that

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Rule #1 don't to assume there's truth to anything that's spoken when in a dealership. If it's not in writing there is no recourse. Now if Honda literature said it had a feature on a trim and it didn't that's a different story. It has happened in the past with walk away locks and I think that resulted in a few bucks of compensation.

If you're an inflexible buyer best to compare features by trim level on the website so you know what them come with from the factory. Even then you'll find that some features aren't implemented well so they're basically useless.

I think this is a classic communications disconnect. You heard what you wanted to hear. As far as the complete car return that's a dealer specific offering. I once purchased a Ford from a dealer that let you return it within 500 miles no questions asked.

·
Registered
2022 Black Edition (black) 18Nov21
530 Posts
Whenever I purchased any vehicle if I didn’t know more than the salesperson I didn’t do enough research. In many cases just knowing more than the salesperson means nothing!

I did 18 months of research, watching YouTube videos and comparing to other vehicles I was interested in. With a purchase this big you need to be in the know. My test drive was usually just a formality to validate what others have shared.

No blaming or excuses.

Gusto!

·
Registered
'07/'12/'17 Ridges sold to family/friend. Still see them regularly :)
237 Posts
It usually pays to read the brochures, use the online build tool, or check the window sticker to see what a vehicle has. Of course, you could also walk around the actual vehicle before you sign and look for yourself.

This sounds like a $10,000 learning mistake.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Yes he should of allowed the trade. Instead of saying he couldn't do anything the general manager was out with covid.
Why are you stirring up trouble by responding to your own question? If the original dealer had conceded to trade for an additional $10,000 you still would have been here complaining, so the outcome as far as this forum is concerned would be the same either way?

Bill

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.