Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Purchased a 2022 honda ridgeline was told it had parking sensors upon arriving home later at night noticed it did not have. Went back to current dealership early next morning address my concerns. Was told he misunderstood what i was asking and when i asked about returning it to get the rtl-e package he said a deal is a deal he couldn't do anything for me.so i went to another dealership to address the issue ending up getting the rtl-e package but the trade ended up costing me a additional 10,000 dollars. Do anyone feel like i have a case with honda to possibly getting this money refunded back to me. I had done what i thought was right and went back less then 24 hours later from the original purchase. And to be put in this situation is beyond my beliefs i trusted honda. Please reach out to me. God bless
How to tell if a car salesman is lying? His lips are moving!

·
Registered
2022 Ridgeline RTL-E
317 Posts
Based on what youve said...you bought the wrong car in the first place, didnt undertsand what you were buying, then went out and bought what you wanted, and now gripe about the extra money (and ask if you have recourse against the dealer). Maybe im missing something, but this seems to be ALL your fault - sorry to be blunt and rude and direct here. When you invested in a $50k item in the first place you didnt know what it had or didnt have. thats the consumers responsibility.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had walked out of the first dealership with a 14000 balance left to pay after my trade in of a 2017 chevycrewcab i had also put 3000 down. To make it 14,000 then when i traded in the 22ridgeline rtl and bought the 22 rtl-e my balance didnt drop but 400 dollars and i gave the second dealership 10,000 on top of it all. To say the least shouldn't of bought the rtl.and i had thought it had the sensors on it like he said. But in the long run it cost me a bunch more of money. When i returned it it had 35 miles. And he refused to do anything. Sorry for the long post!!!
Depending on what state you live in, the dealership may have been required to accept the return within a specified window of time as long as it was in similar condition and didn't have excessive mileage. Once you went to another dealership you then put yourself in the position in which you could not expect anything. Sorry for the crap experience, I have been there myself far too many times dealerships sucks and you really need to do massive research on your own.

·
Registered
2022 Ridgeline RTL-E
317 Posts
Even if Honda doesn't have a customer return guarantee, many states have such a requirement (e.g. 72 hours/no questions asked).
correct. totally right. (i am in a state with no 3 day clause. And the dealer 3x reminded me. once when i agreed to price, the other when i walked into the finance guys office, and the 3rd when i signed papers. i also 100% knew what i was buying and the big featuires the car had and didnt have -- the OP clearly did NOT!).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Purchased a 2022 honda ridgeline was told it had parking sensors upon arriving home later at night noticed it did not have. Went back to current dealership early next morning address my concerns. Was told he misunderstood what i was asking and when i asked about returning it to get the rtl-e package he said a deal is a deal he couldn't do anything for me.so i went to another dealership to address the issue ending up getting the rtl-e package but the trade ended up costing me a additional 10,000 dollars. Do anyone feel like i have a case with honda to possibly getting this money refunded back to me. I had done what i thought was right and went back less then 24 hours later from the original purchase. And to be put in this situation is beyond my beliefs i trusted I honda. Please reach out to me. God bless
You need to do research in your state - I believe u have up to 72 hours 3 business days in several states.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It usually pays to read the brochures, use the online build tool, or check the window sticker to see what a vehicle has. Of course, you could also walk around the actual vehicle before you sign and look for yourself.

This sounds like a $10,000 learning mistake.
This sounds like the typical new car buy...not "How much am I paying for the vehicle?", but "How much is my payment?" or "How much I saved by buying the dealer's special add-on package". I am sure auto dealer staff must sit around and talk about "The sucker I sold a car to today."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Purchased a 2022 honda ridgeline was told it had parking sensors upon arriving home later at night noticed it did not have. Went back to current dealership early next morning address my concerns. Was told he misunderstood what i was asking and when i asked about returning it to get the rtl-e package he said a deal is a deal he couldn't do anything for me.so i went to another dealership to address the issue ending up getting the rtl-e package but the trade ended up costing me a additional 10,000 dollars. Do anyone feel like i have a case with honda to possibly getting this money refunded back to me. I had done what i thought was right and went back less then 24 hours later from the original purchase. And to be put in this situation is beyond my beliefs i trusted honda. Please reach out to me. God bless
Have you ever heard the phrases caveat emptor, buyer beware or due diligence? I worked for 20 years in the car business. I started in sales and worked my way up to owning a dealership. The vast majority of people in the car business are hard working and honest. If you encountered a dishonest salesperson, you should have verified the equipment through visual inspection, reading the Monroney label or simply asking the question, "does it have parking sensors?" prior to signing anything. The dealership, Honda and even the salesperson who sold you the truck owe you nothing.

Regarding the comments from other people on here stating that car dealers are liars, one of the most common expressions you will hear in a car dealership, talking about customers is, "buyers are liars". In my personal experience as a salesperson, sales manager and dealership owner, there was rarely a day that went by when a car buyer didn't lie about something like their credit, what their banker or other car authority said there car was worth or forgetting about the accident(s), floods or other damage their trade in had. It might be time people started to realize that the evil, sleazy car salesman is pretty much a thing of the past.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
My gripe would be with the second dealership, they stole your money, not the first dealership. The first dealership just told you the truth, failing to mention that you can add parking sensors for $500.

Reactions: Mansfield10

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sensors are a $533 dealer add on. Add for installation if you can't do it yourself and you are still a long way from 10 grand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In my country all the equipment is included in the “vehicular proforma”, if something is missing, The dealership can be taken to court for breach of contract.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have you ever heard the phrases caveat emptor, buyer beware or due diligence? I worked for 20 years in the car business. I started in sales and worked my way up to owning a dealership. The vast majority of people in the car business are hard working and honest. If you encountered a dishonest salesperson, you should have verified the equipment through visual inspection, reading the Monroney label or simply asking the question, "does it have parking sensors?" prior to signing anything. The dealership, Honda and even the salesperson who sold you the truck owe you nothing.

Regarding the comments from other people on here stating that car dealers are liars, one of the most common expressions you will hear in a car dealership, talking about customers is, "buyers are liars". In my personal experience as a salesperson, sales manager and dealership owner, there was rarely a day that went by when a car buyer didn't lie about something like their credit, what their banker or other car authority said there car was worth or forgetting about the accident(s), floods or other damage their trade in had. It might be time people started to realize that the evil, sleazy car salesman is pretty much a thing of the past.
I would agree with all this.....Tons of experience in the auto field on every side of the fence, and people lie waaaaaay more than dealers and it isn't even close.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Original dealership is the one that said they could not do anything. The second dealership i went to upgraded my vehicle but it cost 10,000 extra. Which i paid so i could get what i suppose have got at a cost.
For those options that are important to me, I use the test drive to test them out. For those items like a heated steering wheel, I didn't know how much I liked it until having driven it awhile and gotten in on a few cold mornings for the commute.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think you lost all negotiating leverage when you went to another dealer and traded. Your beef is with the original salesperson and not Honda America.
If this person had gone back within the 3 days of Federal contract law, the dealer would have to take the vehicle back. I personally think this person went back to the dealer long after the 3 day time limit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to hear that. You can complain. However it is buyer beware. Always have them show you the features and how they work prior to signing on the dotted line. Good thing is a hard lesson learned is never forgotten. Enjoy the new ride. I love my 21 RTL no issues yet that is.

41 - 60 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.